Christmas Homebrew Lottery 2008

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad the beer made it. Recipe in database here.

Even if you drink some of them, would be a great picture to show all the bottles and parcels once they've arrived.

Apologies, Blue, I didn't get a chance to send mine until today, but you'll have a nice Belgian Tripel to enjoy for New Years... Cheers.

Yours is on its way too, Cracka. Hopefully I'll get one out of you for next years tipping.. ;)

Sorry for the dealy, but mine will be sent next week.

Youngy

Great to hear mine arrived, try and get stuck in asap, it was poured from the keg and re-charged.

So....how you going blue??
Cheers
Steve

Updates for the beers have come in the last couple of days:

pokolbinguy
Thommo
pollux
Josh
Guest Lurker
Batz
gibbocore
Jye
Devo
NickB
Brewer
TidalPete
punter
kram
Sunshine Brewer
fhgwgads
Mitchell
Ross
cracka
chad

I'm also not totally sure who sent me the Wounded Beaver

There are also a couple more that I need to work out who they are from but I'll update them later.

The wounded beaver was mine mate, sorry I only thought about the name of the parcel after I got back in the car. Enjoy

Jay

This feedback thing is working mint, just like it did last year.

So....how you going blue??
Cheers
Steve

I haven't been able to sample any yet as I've been caught up with other thing and have been letting all the beers settle. The good new is that I got the book "Evaluating Beer" for Christmas so hopefully my feedback might be a little more informative

2 posts in 1 1/2 years............ there gone folks!

cmon fellas , give the bloke a chance !!! its xmas after all he might actually have things to do

There is no way in the wide world I`d be typing up 80 or whatever so called "reviews" just to please the masses.
If he does a "review" on one, he`ll have to do it on the lot, or the whinging starts.
Just a "Thank you, they`ve all been great so far" should do the job, I would have thought. :D

stagga.

There is no way in the wide world I`d be typing up 80 or whatever so called "reviews" just to please the masses.
If he does a "review" on one, he`ll have to do it on the lot, or the whinging starts.
Just a "Thank you, they`ve all been great so far" should do the job, I would have thought. :D

stagga.
+1..... its a lottery prize not a case swap. Don't see the people who buy lotto tickets asking the winner to write an account/review on how they spent every dollar they won. Let blue drink his prize when and how he wants, none of our business what he does with them.

If your feeling insecure about the beer you sent him perhap you should of never entered in the first place...

stagga.

Basicly what i was trying to say but didnt do as good a job.

I personly would comment on standout beers but a full review on all beers would take a lot of time.

Like i said....... their gone folks! and its obvious he doesnt have lots of time to post on the forum!

cheers

Like i said....... their gone folks!

and thats exactly why it was called a lottery , you paid your entry fee ( in this case a bottle of beer and you lost ! )
(dont ever see the TAB giving review on your money when your horse gets protested against for holding up the ambulance )
blue256 was lucky enough to snaffle the loot , let the bloke drink it , if he chooses to review some beers great if he doesnt so what , as a previous poster rightly said if your that worried about your beer perhaps you either should have sent somethin else or not entered at all , or maybe those that are worried knowingly sent a brew they thought was not to scratch and are just hoping they get away with it ...

Of course, my opinion has`nt changed from the one I posted above, but still, it would have made interesting reading to see something like...."Fred, your beer was the best I`ve ever been fortunate enough to taste.........but Bill, your`s was absoloutley ratshit, and here`s why"... :(
The interesting reading bit would have been Bill`s reply. :lol:

stagga.

Back