China Sourcing Trip

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just interested in the comments about the culture. A pallet of beer for a party... omm, nom, nom!

What about 16 100w solar panels, two 1 kilowatt wind turbines and towers, grid-tie inverter to handle output of the panels and wind turbines?

I think that would be sufficient to make me electric carbon neutral, even with all my fridges and brewery running

Now your talkin! Just installed a 1 KWH and really want to go bigger. NSW just introduced a .60 Gross Feed in Tariff

JJ

a man with that many contacts and speaks Chinese is a powerful man...
excited to hear some results!!! :lol:
Nah - just a bloke who has spent too much time on the road and has gone native somewhere along the way. You spend enough time in a place and you end up being part of it. Bring it home and maybe it makes a couple of fellow beer-makers a wee bit happier. :D

and thanks for your stories, I've lived in China for 5+ years
Excellent! Where did you stay / are you staying? I have some good contacts in BJ who are up for business connections. Good big stuff, not penny-ante stuff like this. Interested? What biz are you in?

Fermented, i was referring to the hardware, not the process control. PID's & sensors can be readily sourced, but you have to fabricate a RIMS chamber or a Herms pot/coil
I don't know this side of things. I need to read more. Sorry - I'm accustomed to industrial PLC stuff and thought that this was a migration of commercial process control / measurement to AG. If there are good sources, then let me know where they are so I can get up to speed and talk the talk with you guys so I don't get bs'ed over there.

Cheers - Fermented.

oooohhhh cheap kegs. wonder how much normal 19L cornies would be.

Word on the street is the Chinese are buying cornies from the same source as these guys - snapping up the old PepsiCo numbers from the Plant. Large numbers have gone to China apparently. From what I gather in China they're not being re-sold but actually used for dispensing softdrink there, so you may not find too many being on-sold in a big way other than a hospitality supplier here and there.
Nice Price Given Our High Dollar

Link sourced from an old thread on AHB (circa 2006 or something). If memory serves they only take orders/ship to Oz in large quantities like 20 I think. You can't do anything smaller, they won't deal. They also take quite a while to respond via email and there were many gripes about it on that particular thread. Some AHBers did get kegs from them but shipping did take time so patience was required.

Hopper.

I don't know this side of things. I need to read more. Sorry - I'm accustomed to industrial PLC stuff and thought that this was a migration of commercial process control / measurement to AG. If there are good sources, then let me know where they are so I can get up to speed and talk the talk with you guys so I don't get bs'ed over there.

Cheers - Fermented.

Fermented, In my OP I provided this link which shows a good breakdown of the parts needed and has pics of a RIMS. http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/rims-dummies-114997/ There may need to be slight modifications eg ensure the screw fittings suit aussie elements & BSP threaded output connections

Regarding HERMS, there are some threads with info
http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...showtopic=36513
http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...mp;#entry515415

This one from Frazer john has plans for a unit he is getting made up http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...showtopic=36687

Beers,

croz

Word on the street is the Chinese are buying cornies from the same source as these guys - snapping up the old PepsiCo numbers from the Plant. Large numbers have gone to China apparently. From what I gather in China they're not being re-sold but actually used for dispensing softdrink there, so you may not find too many being on-sold in a big way other than a hospitality supplier here and there.
Nice Price Given Our High Dollar

Link sourced from an old thread on AHB (circa 2006 or something). If memory serves they only take orders/ship to Oz in large quantities like 20 I think. You can't do anything smaller, they won't deal. They also take quite a while to respond via email and there were many gripes about it on that particular thread. Some AHBers did get kegs from them but shipping did take time so patience was required.

Hopper.
$25 US for a 19L cornie. nice.

i recon we could easily fill an order of 20 kegs. i could do with another 4 at that price. that would give me 12 kegs. that should do me.

i see that a container of 2400 kegs is available on that website!! :eek:

i recon we could easily fill an order of 20 kegs. i could do with another 4 at that price. that would give me 12 kegs. that should do me.

Right so just 2396 to go hey CM2 :p

And yes I do realise you can order them in 20 keg lots....it just seemed amusing to state the large number of 2396

What about 16 100w solar panels, two 1 kilowatt wind turbines and towers, grid-tie inverter to handle output of the panels and wind turbines?

I think that would be sufficient to make me electric carbon neutral, even with all my fridges and brewery running :)
5ooW wind turbine here for you and in Vic!

RetsamHsam,

Work out the price delivered & I'm sure we can beat it by even more than 5% ;)

Cheers Ross

retail price being the operative word. these blokes arent retail.

From their website; "HB shops across the U.S. are raising their prices DRAMATICALLY, some charging as much $50 EACH! Order directly from the Industry supplier before they are gone."

Sure sounds like retail to me

how does 'order from industrial supplier' sounds like retailer. that would be wholesaler or from producer nutmonkey (ive been dying to call someone that all day). and if they were really retail they would sell in qwuanitites less than 20.

RetsamHsam,

Cheers Ross

I'm right for kegs atm... More of a joke than anything else, came across a link to that post in the wyeast thread :lol:

On their postage I looked into buying some seal kits off them a couple of months ago and the postage worked at at around $38USD from memory :huh:

how does 'order from industrial supplier' sounds like retailer. that would be wholesaler or from producer nutmonkey (ive been dying to call someone that all day). and if they were really retail they would sell in qwuanitites less than 20.

Settle down champ... If you actually looked at their website you would find they will sell in lots of 4 kegs.

Selling a product to an end user goes down as a retail transaction in my book.

Anyway we are taking this off topic.

RetsamHsam,

Cheers Ross

Shit stirrer ! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Batz

Latest posts

Back