China Sourcing Trip

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I might be interested in a conical or some type of jacketed fermentor?

container full of jacketed conicals - like those fancy ones they sell in the US home brew shops!

for under $ 500 Aussie for 30-50L ferm

it would be the best BB this board will have seen!

container full of jacketed conicals - like those fancy ones they sell in the US home brew shops!

for under $ 500 Aussie for 30-50L ferm

it would be the best BB this board will have seen!

and one I'd be in on.

For all those after stainless conicals out of china this guy just bought 10 into the country and is trying to flog them off..

What about getting some plastic conicals made up??

I'd also be interested in the jet burners and/or stainless stock pots

Have a snoop around for mills.
Cheers
Steve

1. smudge (150 litre kettle)
2. ........... (140 litre kettle)
3. ........... (120 litre kettle)
4. ........... (110 litre kettle)
5. Tony (100 litre kettle) must have thick base!
6. Batz (120-150 litre kettle) & (80 litre kettle) price depending,must have thick base!

Batz

6. Batz (120-150 litre kettle) & (80 litre kettle) price depending,must have thick base!
7. Retsamhsam (120-150 litre kettle) price depending,must have thick base!

8. QldKev Couple of kettles, price depending

9. mitysa. 80ltr kettle depend on price

mike

10. Duff (100L kettle with lid) price depending, must have thick base! I'd go another conical if they have the jacket.

Cheers.

4. Rooting Kings (110 litre kettle) dependent on pricing and probably 2-3 of them ($200 a piece or there abouts). Conical would be nice too at the right price (sub $500 delivered) Like this
10. Duff (100L kettle with lid) price depending, must have thick base! I'd go another conical if they have the jacket.

'Morning!

First up - WOW! What a response. I didn't expect that so many would put up their hand.

OK - onto the goods:

I hear a rumour that you can get hops in china! ;)
Different region. There may be sellers in Shenzhen, but I would have doubts about quality as it's a long way south from where the hops in the China Buy were sourced. Besides, the local Shenzhen beer brand tastes like fermented cardboard and I doubt it ever saw a hop. Still, shall look.

However, in order to make the shipment easier and need less documentation outbound and less documentation and expense inbound (AQIS, anyone?) I would like to avoid any plant material / wood / etc in this shipment.

4. Rooting Kings (110 litre kettle) dependent on pricing and probably 2-3 of them ($200 a piece or there abouts). Conical would be nice too at the right price (sub $500 delivered) Like this
OK - So we're looking for mostly stainless steel product. Let's standardise on 'thick base' - say not <10 mm.

Also burners. Shouldn't be too costly or too hard to find as most homes have something very, very similar up there. LPG will be easier than natural gas as most homes use cylinders for cooking and gas hot water (instantaneous).

I have some doubts about mills. I can't honestly say I've seen any really top notch cutting implements of any kind from China (knives, industrial tools, etc) so I already have doubts, but shall add it to the look-see list.

Cheers - Fermented.

well anything will be cutting into suppliers stocks, so here's a few suggestions.
weldless thermometors for all those kettles you blokes are purchasing
refractometers,
pH meters
false bottoms
hopscreens
heating elements

looks like IBM, apple etc all have manufacturing plants there. maybe some brew computers! or other electronic gear like solinoids for automated breweries or PIDs

Also burners. Shouldn't be too costly or too hard to find as most homes have something very, very similar up there. LPG will be easier than natural gas as most homes use cylinders for cooking and gas hot water (instantaneous).

Friendly caution on the burners.... Make sure they are all approved by the relevant authorities in Australia before shipment, or you could be up for some very nasty costs on their arrival, &/or see the whole cargo being returned to China.

Cheers Ross

You're right about many companies having factories there. Mostly, they're contract manufacturers of exceedingly large scale with 3000+ workers housed in dormitories and who only go home a couple of times per year. It's really very much like the early industrial revolution up there.

The main reason I'm in that area is because there is a large factory district which does mostly electronics - either manufacture or final assembly and packing prior to export - to take advantage of the Special Economic Zone tax breaks . I'm chasing up USB flash drives, USB toys, etc for my bread-and-butter company.

So - solenoid and valve sets. I used to work with Festo, MAC and SMC components rather a lot when I ran a factory for someone else. They were mostly top notch. However, the few Chinese made components I tested as replacements were not up to the job. I don't know what quality standard anyone who wants these components needs for brewing or how much they've improved since I last tested but I'm slightly uncomfortable with them.

I think most of the other gear in your list, Citymorgue, shouldn't be too hard. Added to the 'must locate' list.

Cheers - Fermented.

fermented. they were suggestions only. I dont actually need anything

edit: although a pH meter would be nice.....

well anything will be cutting into suppliers stocks, so here's a few suggestions.
weldless thermometors for all those kettles you blokes are purchasing
refractometers,
pH meters
false bottoms
hopscreens
heating elements

looks like IBM, apple etc all have manufacturing plants there. maybe some brew computers! or other electronic gear like solinoids for automated breweries or PIDs

Yeah, refractomers and pH meters would be cool. If some form of chilling device was available I would probably be in as well.

Latest posts

Back