Cheap Propane

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a 45kg bottle for a while, but ditched it in favour of a couple of 9kg's. That was $95 to fill and $23 yearly rental from a crowd here in Adelaide. The only reason I was allowed to have one was because at the time I was using it for an acetylene substitute. I'm about to go back to it though I think.

Autogas from what I remember contains benzine? or some other nasty thingo that (a) reduces the life of any cast iron components in the gas flow, and (B) apparently has a higher carcinogen production when burning and 'apparently' can contaminate food, so don't use it on your BBQ -
having said that, I have successfully fired burners from a 'recycled' autogas tank from a car and have heard of people decanting off said tanks to fill bottles for the BBQ and even seen them running BBQ's off them directly.
People look at you funny when you are cobbling up the fittings to make it work though, and sometimes flat out refuse to sell the bits if they get wind of what you are doing. Probably for good reason............:)
An 80litre tank of autogas would make an AWFUL big bang if you screwed it up..........

For the South westies

For 9kg bottles

BP Narellan $14.95
Caltex Leppington $11.95

I think Bunnings and Mitre 10 also do cheap refils

Kabooby :)

Damn that's a good price.

Paid $24.50 for a swap tonight at bunnnnnnnings.... (in notting hill)

Drove past a servo on Canterbury Rd this arvo, between fairford road and chapel road.

$11.95 9kg refill

$19.90 at the Supagas outlet on Bellchambers road elizabeth.

They were running a promo a while back, fill your bottle and recieve a coupon for $10 bucks off your next fill.

(no afill. blah blah)

Leary

Back