Cheap Propane

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wortgames

'Draught' is not a beer style - it's a lifestyle
Reaction score
Didn't we have a thread somewhere where folks could post their local LPG prices? I couldn't find it.

Might be due for a new one anyway, it's handy to be able to find the latest local deals when the bottle is empty.

MELBOURNE - BOC Bell St Preston is advertising 9Kg swap and go for $24.

BP on the go on North East road (just past greenacres) $9 kg $20, same with the BP on Hampstead Rd.

Didn't we have a thread somewhere where folks could post their local LPG prices? I couldn't find it.

Might be due for a new one anyway, it's handy to be able to find the latest local deals when the bottle is empty.

eeek! i just paid $32 for a swap n go at a shell servo! <_<

Swap and go is a pain. The BP at Woonona is $32 for a swap as well. I nearly crapped myself when they charged me $22 to refill my 4Kg bottle!

My latest find is 9Kg refills for $22 at Ampol on Pioneer Road at Corrimal/Towradgi.

Might go the Balgownie servo next time I'm there.

$22 for a 9kg refill at the petrol station near Williamtown airport (outside Newcastle).

I noticed however, that my evil "Gas and Go" bottle claims to only hold 8.5 kg. I'm sure that my original bottle was a 9kg jobbie.

Less gas = less brewing IMHO. What a scam! <_<

Beerz
Seth :p

Hi,

The last refill I got while living in Melbourne was $19 for 9Kg bottle from Anaconda in Bayswater. That was about 2 months ago. Dunno if Anaconda in Perth have the same deal or not. My kettle is electric anyway :)

gary

I think I started or at least participated in that previous thread on this topic.

Someone posted the Independent Servo, Cnr Harrow Rd and Princes Highway Rockdale (In Sydney).

$13.99 for a 9kg refill. I went and did 2 refills, good service too, as it can be tough on single operator servos.

Sure as heck beats $28 for Swap and Go I see at my local Servo on King Georges Rd Penshurst.

Cheerz Wab.

For the South westies

For 9kg bottles

BP Narellan $14.95
Caltex Leppington $11.95

I think Bunnings and Mitre 10 also do cheap refils

Kabooby :)

BCF at Riverlink in Ipswich, Qld $19.95

I noticed however, that my evil "Gas and Go" bottle claims to only hold 8.5 kg. I'm sure that my original bottle was a 9kg jobbie.
I'm wondering this too, having somehow ended up with 2x8.5Kg bottles despite starting off with 2 x 9Kg bottles :angry:

Not sure what the story is, everyone seems to call them '9Kg'.

I guess the moral is, if you have a 9kg bottle and somebody wants to swap it for the 'same' price, double check that you are getting 9Kg and not 8.5.

It feels like a scam to me too. :angry:

I recon Swap and Go will end up like BOC eventually,,, Once no one owns their bottle anymore and becomes dependant - they'll start jacking up prices.

BBQ's Galore in Perth do a 4th refill free deal at $25 per refill
Thats averages out to $19 a pop.
... But you need your own bottle or two first

BTW - Has anyone tried using Autogas to fire their brewery?

Modify an Autogas tank to be transportable then just take it to the local servo an refill for 40c a litre !

BTW - Has anyone tried using Autogas to fire their brewery?

Modify an Autogas tank to be transportable then just take it to the local servo an refill for 40c a litre !

i've often though this as well, i know the mechanic next door to me has made up an adapter so he can fill 9kg gas bottles at the servo but there is the risk of getting caught by the attendant, alot less risk when its actually in your boot. the only porblem is you'd need a mate to help you lift it out of the car the smaller tanks hold around 50kg of gas as well as the actual tank could work out quite heavy, i guess you could only half fill it.

Rob.

bp summer hill, sydney $14; thou they wont fill if its busy & there's only one guy there ...

For the South westies

For 9kg bottles

BP Narellan $14.95
Caltex Leppington $11.95

I think Bunnings and Mitre 10 also do cheap refils

Kabooby :)

I thought Rossmore at $14.50 was the cheapest on my travels. Cheers for that Kabooby.

Here is the link to the previous thread on this subject
http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...efills&st=0
Cheerz Wab

Does anyone use the Kleanheat 45kg household bottles?
I know that there are quite a few restrictions as to usage and installation, just wondered if it was a viable option.

I do Vlad. We use the 45kg household bottles for our gas heater inside. I keep one connected to the house for heating and one in the garage for brewing. When the house one runs out, I swap in the brew bottle and order a changeover. The guys who do the swap are more than happy to not connect them up for me. The connector is the same as a 9kg bottle.

I pay about $90 per bottle delivered to the door and $55 per bottle per year rental. It makes sense for me seeing that I've already got them at home. I'm not sure it would be cheaper if I didn't.

Back