Bundy Floods

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nearly all my family live in Bundaberg. (I was born there too), it's a trip to see all of what I can remember looking like that. I hope no one loses any of their loved ones through this.

I've got one of my staff stuck in Chinchilla. See her in a couple of days at least by the looks of your pics Kev.

Pics can say a thousand words

News mail photos

Fingers crossed for all Bundy Brewer mates.

QldKev

Gday Kev,

you heard from the boys ?

we're not too bad out here, had over 400mm since Xmas Eve and just managed to get to the servo today, nowhere near as the poor buggers in town though :(

as you say, hope all is well

Dave

I've had mates from oither areas calling me to see if i'm alright, didn't realise how bad it was until i saw the news this arvo. I wouldn't have even thought it was possible for the water to get this high. Its nearly over the bridge apparently!

Thanks for posting the pictures ,like the man said they tell the story,hope it all dries out soon,we lived in Bundy East for a few years recently and I have to say we were always wondering how bad it could get in a big wet.all the best

We've suffered a bit of internal damage from an overflowing box gutter but nothing like some of these poor people.

flood2_072__800x600_.JPGflood2_044__800x600_.JPG

flood2_017__800x600_.JPG flood2_071__800x600_.JPG

Hope all Bundy brewers remain safe and dry as the Burnett peaks today. Lots of family in Bundy, heard from all but my brother, so far they're dry.

Screwy

We have both our sons here for a while, last time they paid a visit we were flooded in as well, they think Queensland's a bloody wet place :lol:

Hope all you Bundy brewers are OK.

Batz

I was in Bundy for Christmas with the inlaws. We left on Boxing day, I'd had the oomph with rain, frogs, snakes, and the rest of the plagues of Egypt. The brother in law is still stuck up there with the inlaws.

We were staying about 20k south from Bundy, and they are all flooded in now, with no power to keep the beer chilled.

We've suffered a bit of internal damage from an overflowing box gutter but nothing like some of these poor people.

You should have just opened the windows Andrew. :lol:

pub_3.jpg

Batz

I was in Bundy for Christmas with the inlaws. We left on Boxing day, I'd had the oomph with rain, frogs, snakes, and the rest of the plagues of Egypt.

we're out at Moore Park and speak of the devil, the wet is really bringing out the bities, the daughter and I just had an encounter with a 5 foot brown at the back door, she understands the importance of keeping the verandah doors shut now ;)

Dave

How is the distillery fairing anyone know?

It's on high ground; pitty about a lot of homes with this coming

"Thousands of megalitres of water are headed towards Bundaberg with Paradise Dam at 256% capacity and spilling more than 700,000Ml, or more than a Sydney Harbour's worth of water, each day."

QldKev

"Thousands of megalitres of water are headed towards Bundaberg with Paradise Dam at 256% capacity and spilling more than 700,000Ml, or more than a Sydney Harbour's worth of water, each day."

QldKev

Faaark!

QldKev

bloody hell.............. thats very scary.

I have friends who went to Bundy for a QLD holiday in the sun and are now very very stuck. From the colourfull things said on facebook, they are not happy either bit what are ya gunna do about mother nature hey.

Hope all are safe!

just got back from Bundy, bread and milk are like gold in there :eek:

100_3185.JPG

Back