Brewman takes over Mark's Home Brewing (NSW)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Manticle.

Time for me to get some Brewman malt for my house bitter.

Ummm, on payday.

Having never used marks old site... how does brew builder work?

Sbob, start by signing up for an account. You get brewbuilder access when acct is approved.

Thanks... Signed up for an account last week so have access and can add things to cart etc.. Just not sure where or how you know if you have brewbuilder access.. I assume I'll get an email once its 'approved'...

Hi Guys,

Thanks for starting the thread Manticle.

Yes things are up and running. Been a busy couple of weeks getting things set up and getting the stock in place, but that's now done. There was not much stock that came over from Mark. I do have the same Mill. I plan to keep pretty much the same wide range of Malt, hops and yeast. On the yeast, I now have the Saf yeasts that Mark had stopped having. The liquid yeasts have not yet arrived, but I expect them this week, (I'll have most of the range, but if you want anything special let me know).

For those brewers that have tried to access Brewbuilder but can't I will try to resolve that tonight and you should receive an e-mail. Once you get that try to get on. Just remember not to place orders on Mark's old Brewbuilder, as I don't have access to that.

I did send out an e-mail to Mark's old customers with a bit of a run down. Here's a summary.

I am located at Raymond Terrace, just north of Newcastle.
I will not have a shop front like Mark. I'll concentrate more on mail delivery where ever you may be. The couriers I'll use will be what gives the best value to the customers, at cost. I will be available on most Saturday mornings if you prefer to pick up your order and it's always good to say. A few brewers dropped in last weekend and it was good to talk brewing and meet some of the local brewers.

If you have already used Brewbuilder, all of your recipes will be there.

The gas refills will be taken over by someone else.

I don't plan to do kits. I will be mainly catering for All Grain, Partial, and extract.

There's probably heaps of other questions that people have that I haven't answered here. If you do feel free to message me here or through the Website.

The website is here www.brewman.com.au

Cheers Steve

Thanks Admin for setting me to a retailer.

First transaction with Brewman has been awesome.

Two batches of grain arrived today (courier woke me up, but I won't hold that against brewman), got here super quick after ordering.

Hope my cash had already been transferred to him. Sometimes takes a few days, the grain may have beaten the payment.

Even though I have a bit of stock left over from the MHB days, I look forward to purchasing from Brewman.

I see you have decided not to continue on with the gas business, if/when it does transition, could you please let us know where to go?

Cheers,

Alex

SBOB said:
Having never used marks old site... how does brew builder work?
Once approved, of course, you can log in and set up your brew rig settings (volume to kettle, volume remaining in kettle, efficiency).
Then you can proceed to the beer recipes menu, or create your own recipe in the blank space. Save the recipe, and it will be there next time.

Just play a bit and get familiar with it like I'm trying at the moment. Mark used to log on and design mine, so I have a fair few recipes to call on already.

Les

AlexL said:
Even though I have a bit of stock left over from the MHB days, I look forward to purchasing from Brewman.

I see you have decided not to continue on with the gas business, if/when it does transition, could you please let us know where to go?

Cheers,

Alex
How much was postage to Newcastle if you don't mind me asking, I get the impression he's not to keen on pick ups

apples2910 said:
How much was postage to Newcastle if you don't mind me asking, I get the impression he's not to keen on pick ups
Talked to him the other day. Sat morning pickups or about $6 to newcastle. Easy bloke to talk to. Give him a call.

AlexL said:

Cheers,

Alex
Digga at maitland country brewer does refill bottles, and I'm sure he won't persecute.

jimmy86 said:
Digga at maitland country brewer does refill bottles, and I'm sure he won't persecute.
I think it's just a swap and go service from memory and only certain bottles. He does the 2 sizes of Keg King bottles. If you have something different, it might be worth a phone call prior to check.

Hi Guys,

On Brewbuilder its pretty easy to use. Get on and have a play. As Les said you need to set up some basic parameters before starting. If you get stuck give me a call. You can select a recipe from the list provided and it will automatically size the brew to your pre-set batch size, you can then tweak it or do your own thing from scratch.

Freight. Things are working well on this front. I've had some good feedback with deliveries as far as Springwood being received in less than 24Hrs.

Here is a rough guide to what can be done with deliveries. I will confirm for specific post codes when orders are placed.
$5 delivery for up to 25Kg to the following areas.
Newcastle to Tea Gardens, Maitland and Cessnock, and parts of Lake Macquarie.

$10 delivery for up to 25Kg to the following areas.
Kempsey, Port Macquarie, Taree, Forster, Scone, Muswellbrook, Central Coast, Katoomba, Sydney, Campbelltown, Wollongong and as far south as Ulladulla.

Most other parts of NSW are $25 for up to 25Kg.

Cheers Steve

Boozed said:
I think it's just a swap and go service from memory and only certain bottles. He does the 2 sizes of Keg King bottles. If you have something different, it might be worth a phone call prior to check.
He actually has a filling station

Quick post, ordered off Steve late Friday night got msg off wife at 10am today saying grain has arrived!!!!
Awesome service and postage costs

I ordered late last week, but I didn't want the delivery sitting in a warehouse on the weekend. So I asked for it to ship Monday - I then added 2 liquid packs to my order at around 8.45am Monday morning. It arrived at around 2pm Monday.

Very happy with that!

Now I just need to educate the missus to open it on arrival and put the yeast and hops in the fridge.

Latest posts

Back