Brewman takes over Mark's Home Brewing (NSW)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a bit of disappointment with a couple of other retailers I tried since the MHB thing, went back to kits for the last couple of brews.

Made an order with brewman Friday, received Monday, $10 shipping for 3 grain orders to Sydney, and excellent prices still on everything, so I'm over the moon. Everything looks well packed, and I'm looking forward to getting back into all grain again this week.

Loyal customer if he keeps this up.

I feel the same way sb944 I was ordering from other retailers on a Monday in the hope it would be here Friday and most times didn't get here till the following Monday and the extra postage costs made brewing less viable. But I'm pumping the brews out again. Cheap ingredients and fast postage. Let's me work out a recipe during the week, order midweek knowing it will arrive for brewing on the weekend. Love it again!!

Hi Guys,

An Update on things...
News:
Things are going great.
Wyeast is now available.
Dingeman's grain is now available
A heap of fresh Hops too.

Brewbuilder.
You can buy Grain / Hops / Yeast on the site. But check out the Brewbuilder, where you can search for a wide range of commercial beer recipes from around the world. Once you select and load a recipe Brewbuilder will adjust it to the specifications of your own brewery. The output is everything you need to make that beer. You can then tweak, and when you are happy place an order. You can create and save your own too.

Freight has been going well, see below for details.

Here is a rough guide to what can be done with deliveries. I will confirm for specific post codes when orders are placed.
$5 delivery for up to 25Kg to the following areas.
Newcastle to Tea Gardens, Maitland and Cessnock, and parts of Lake Macquarie.

$10 delivery for up to 25Kg to the following areas.
Kempsey, Port Macquarie, Taree, Forster, Scone, Muswellbrook, Central Coast, Katoomba, Sydney, Campbelltown, Wollongong and as far south as Ulladulla.

Most other parts of NSW are $25 for up to 25Kg.

Cheers Steve

Nothing but a satisfied customer here, thanks Steve the hefe is almost ready to keg.

Im in newy and I got my order within 24hrs and Steve let me pick his brain so im very happy with Brewman.

Brewman, are you planning on selling the keg-able soft drinks at all? I need a fix of some Coke... -err- cola

A lot of people have been asking about the wort aeration kits. I should have them back in stock next week, I am just waiting on one more component.

Cheers Steve

Got the last component this afternoon. So the wort aeration kits are available again.

Cheers Steve

Hi Steve, can you post the picture of the gear on here?

I think I may be interested in the pressure gauge for my current system, what are they worth.

I saw this aeration kit at our brewclub meeting last night.
Looks to be a quality piece of kit. The pressure gauge has plenty of heft to it from its solid looking brass construction.
I'm thinking of booking one in with mrs warra for my next birthday.

Buy one anyway and tell her it's an emergency oxygen resuscitation kit for your elderly dog as you don't feel up to doing mouth to mouth.

I'm seriously considering saving for one myself - have gone nuts recently on a SS fermenter and a coil chilla so onwards and upwards.

Brewmans service is second to none. Ordered at 11am the previous day and come home to find my grain waiting for me. Bloody fantastic service! Just done a batch today and the products are also good quality. Thanks brewman! Keep up the awesome service

Hi,

The Aeration kit pictures are all on the website Home page. So go to www.brewman.com.au and you will see it there right away. I Have already sold most of them. I was hoping to keep one for myself, but it doesn't look promising.

Thanks for the positive feedback, I'm glad things are now up and running so smoothly.

The next thing I will be putting on the site is a range of cleaning chemicals. What I have now is Sodium Perc 100% and Pink Stain. I will be getting something like PBW, and some other useful concentrated liquid sanitisers. These may be a week or two off.

Cheers.

Finally used up all my bulk malt from when MHB was shutting down, and placed my first order. $5 delivery for 3 brews worth of grain WTF. I dont scratch my arse for $5. Looking forward to using up the rest of my hops so I can start placing complete orders.
I hope the business is picking up for you Steve and look forward to getting my first delivery. I do miss dropping into a shop for a chat though.

Steve Wright

Chatted to steve yesterday morning about a screwup I made with my delivery address. brew arrived like 4 hours later. Freaking great service!

Cheers Steve

Mine turned up yesterday. Less than 24 hour turn around from when I payed till it landed on my doorstep. But what makes it better is it was a large order and was 100% perfect.
I hope Steve does well out of this new business and I would encourage everyone to give him a go as the shipping rates are crazy. $5 for up to 25kg Local WTF,

Steve

Thanks for the great feedback. I have some good processes in place now, so it's good to see that they are working and that brewers appreciate the service and the products.

Things are going well.

Some News. In the next couple of weeks I will be in a position to refill CO2 bottles. I'll send out a newsletter with the details once it's ready to go. This is a change since Mark had other plans for this service, but I have chosen to do it.

Here's to a good weekend of brewing!

Cheers Steve

Latest posts

Back