Brewlab Yeast Slope Bulk Buy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Going to use my Yorkshire yeast for the first time this coming Tuesday (cup day) in an ESBB (extra/english special/strong brown bitter).

ESBB (English Strong Brown Bitter)

Type: All grain
Size: 20 liters
Color: 31 HCU (~16 SRM)
Bitterness: 40 IBU
OG: 1.062
FG: 1.012
Alcohol: 6.4% v/v (5.0% w/w)
Grain: 5kg JW ale
250g Belgian biscuit
300g British crystal 95-115L
50g British chocolate
Mash: 70% efficiency
Boil: 75minutes SG 1.038 32 liters
Hops: 75g Fuggles (3.8% AA, 60 min.)

2g each CaCl2
CaS04 mash and boil
Whirlfloc

Brewlab Yorkshire 1

Bottled yesterday. Slow yeast but pretty typical of most UK yeasts. Top cropped and reserved some for later.

Not sure I'd bitter with that much fuggles again but we'll see how she is in a few weeks.

@deserter - too late for this bulk buy but I'm sure you can order from brewlab or see if Gryphon Brewing ended up ordering any stock.

Any reports guys on how these yeasts performed?

Rook

Two of my three ended up with infections - one brett infection and one house infection. I have brett beers on the premises - separate but still a risk.

House infection is obviously just that - a house infection so neither of these to do with brewlab.

Have one left but feel jinxed.

I'm not sure customs didn't open some of them - I've kept all mine sealed and one now looks like this
tumblr_lm3ri8NwUz1qj8vmxo1_500.jpg
The ones which did work went like this tho: Monster Starter

I thought the TV3 went well and I've just been using one of the others.

yuk. dude that looks like a pigeon has shat in there. You made me go and check on mine.... they still look OK. Note to self must brew with these soon.

Any reports guys on how these yeasts performed?

Rook

Ok Rook but nothing better than whats on the Wyeast/Whitelabs fixture. I had a couple, the Burton was a a real sleeper the lager one I bought didnt excite me with attentuation, the beers were ok nonetheless. I`ll stick with the readily available models.

Ok Rook but nothing better than whats on the Wyeast/Whitelabs fixture. I had a couple, the Burton was a a real sleeper the lager one I bought didnt excite me with attentuation, the beers were ok nonetheless. I`ll stick with the readily available models.
I was just looking for the attenuation on the Bavarian lager yeast, what did it % at ?
I did a starter @approx 1040 (unmeasured ) and it finished @ 1014 , 65% attenuation, sound about right Haysie ?
Smelt nice in a non estery way
I may have to bitter up a bit more to compensate.
Nev

Latest posts

Back