Brewlab Yeast Slope Bulk Buy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Money is here from mostly everyone, so yesterday (well two days ago now) I asked Brewlab for an invoice, and Alison was going to culture the slopes ready for sending on Tuesday.
However, the invoice has only just arrived and includes 17.5% VAT (which I don't think we have to pay) and no PayPal information, unfortunately I don't expect an adjusted invoice will arrive before next week. My brother is getting married this weekend, so I'll be in Brisbane until Monday night, so that might delay the payment/order for another day or so, but I'll update the thread when it's been completed.

Everyone has paid, and Brewlab have been sent their money via PayPal, all things being equal the slopes should be shipped from the UK within the next day or few.

How does "no news is good news" sound?
But they've got the payment, as far as I'm aware the slants have been inoculated and I expect they'll ship them soon.

Slightly edited email from Alison at Brewlab:
Hi, the yeast slopes have been despatched, we have had to split the package into two as the weight was greater than 2kg so expect two parcels. I have labelled all slopes up as the forum name and yeast type. Drop me an email when they arrive. I included customs letters internally and externally so hopefully the customs will not open the parcels.

Regards
Alison
And I thought I'd add her (slightly edited) reply from when I said thanks:
Thanks, hope we hear of good beers brewed with the yeasts. That’s the main purpose of our company to educate and spread the word that the art of brewing is unique and beer should be treated with the respect it deserves.

Regards
Alison

Good news:
brewlabs.jpg

Not sure that Customs/AQIS even checked them, boxes/seals seemed to all be intact (but they did have the compliance notice thing on the outside in a plastic pocket).
And they were made less than 10 days ago so there should not be any issue about viability due to shipping times, which is nice.

Bad news is it's Thursday, so even if I could get it all checked, sorted and ready, I'd rather not have them sit in a post office over the weekend, when I've got a fridge here.
But I'll get everything sorted today, and shipped out to everyone early next week, if you were going to pick them up, anytime is fine. :)

Fine by us Wolfy, good thinking about keeping them in fridge over weekend.

Looking forward to these next week...

That looks like a great pile, can't wait to get my hands on my bag!
Thanks for organising this so smoothly. Something to look forward to over the weekend.

looks great, well done, better get to brewing an ESB.

Bad news is it's Thursday, so even if I could get it all checked, sorted and ready, I'd rather not have them sit in a post office over the weekend, when I've got a fridge here.
But I'll get everything sorted today, and shipped out to everyone early next week, if you were going to pick them up, anytime is fine. :)

No hurry my end mate. Wasn't expecting them this quickly anyway.

Cheers for organising so well.

Wasn't expecting them this quickly anyway.

Cheers for organising so well.
All done and accounted for. A couple of slants were a bit displaced due to transit, couple of cracks but nothing exciting.
The different strains of yeast are interesting - even cultured on slants - TV3 looks like a hungry monster where Burton and BoPills are much more delicate with their light cover of yeast.
Allison/Brewlab did most of the work, so should be easy to ship things out next week. :)

Looks great - planning for next weekend to brew an EPA to take to Club Night at ANHC

P1

Looks great - planning for next weekend to brew an EPA to take to Club Night at ANHC
I'll try to send yours on Monday then, you'll need a few days to step up the starter (Brewlab's recommended procedure/download is in the first post of the thread).

Well done Wolfy very quick turnaround
I will pick mine up this weekend if you could PM me the address and a suitable time for you
If thats okay

Thanks again Wolfy

bjay

Thanks Wolfy

Picked my yeasties up today.Good to meet you Wolfy
And Thanks for organizing this bulk buy
cheers
bjay

Cool, can hardly wait! So many ideas so few fermemnters.... :icon_chickcheers:

Got caught in a traffic jam on the way home from planting the rest of my hops today (not something usually expected coming home from the bush on a Tuesday!), but got yeast sent to about 10 people.
Will package up the rest tonight (hopefully).

Mine all arrived and look healthy, didn't check strains last night as I didn't have time but will confirm all is correct (assuming so) tonight.

Cheers again Wolfy.

mine arrived on Tuesday, good effort Wolfy. In two of the vials the agar was displaced a bit, but nothing to worry about really. Haven't used any of them yet, but am planning on building up from tiny samples taken with a inoculation loop. This way I should get more use out of them and I don't have to make my own slants.

Mine all arrived and look healthy, didn't check strains last night as I didn't have time but will confirm all is correct (assuming so) tonight.
Allison at Brewlab did a good job, and I checked them before sending, so I hope/expect they are all correct. ;)
mine arrived on Tuesday, good effort Wolfy. In two of the vials the agar was displaced a bit, but nothing to worry about really. Haven't used any of them yet, but am planning on building up from tiny samples taken with a inoculation loop. This way I should get more use out of them and I don't have to make my own slants.
I noticed the agar had slipped on a few when they arrived here, but it should not be a problem.
My usual procedure is to take a small sample and inoculate a new slant, when that has a good growth of yeast, use the new slant for the first step of a starter.
Adding only tiny samples of yeast to a starter has not always gone as I'd like, so by using a slant as the first step at least I know there is a good amount of yeast for the first stage.

Latest posts

Back