Brewlab Yeast Slope Bulk Buy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeast arrived hee today

thanks so much for a pain free by.

cheers
Matt

Many thanks Wolfy, mine's another batch that arrived safe & sound! :icon_cheers:

Came home from a nice 15 hour day to some homemade cider, leftover pizza and a postage parcel full of yeast.

Cheers to you boss.

Post man has given me nothing as yet . :(
The only address I was given (or could find on your website) was the Post Box address from your PayPal payment - I hope that's right!
Thomas J. has not gotten his either, so I'm a bit worried about those too. :(

The only address I was given (or could find on your website) was the Post Box address from your PayPal payment - I hope that's right!
Thomas J. has not gotten his either, so I'm a bit worried about those too. :(
Yep paypal addy is correct, maybe tomorrow. When did you send them?
GB

Mine have arrived today. Damn AusPost takes their time, but the yeast all still looks nice and healthy.

Hopefully that's everyone sorted then!

Mine have arrived today. Damn AusPost takes their time, but the yeast all still looks nice and healthy.

Hopefully that's everyone sorted then!

That's nothing, mine arrived Friday....

I really hope they are still viable, When I get home from this little trip I'll be making some small starters from them (just slosh some wort in the tubes) and re-slant from what if anything that grows....

That's nothing, mine arrived Friday....

I really hope they are still viable, When I get home from this little trip I'll be making some small starters from them (just slosh some wort in the tubes) and re-slant from what if anything that grows....
Wow! Was there any reason/excuse for the mail-issue, was it addressed incorrectly or misplaced?

In theory it should be fine, its within the recommended time-limit, however please let me know if you have any problems with it.

Wow! Was there any reason/excuse for the mail-issue, was it addressed incorrectly or misplaced?

In theory it should be fine, its within the recommended time-limit, however please let me know if you have any problems with it.

Nope no reason given, address was correct too. So can only assume it fell off of the conveyor and didn't get noticed for a couple of weeks....

Test batch of yeast fired up no worries (went from 1 loop's worth of yeast to 2L in 60hrs) so I think it's all good, it's now working for it's keep so should know in a week or so how this one faired profile wise being abused and all.

The one I tried is 4008 Tyneside I, doing a northern ale....

Anyone tried any of these yeasts yet?

Rook

Rookie,

I brewed a bitter yesterday and am fermenting with East Midlands yeast. It's destined for the handpump.
If you are a good boy I will send you a bottle :lol:

C&B
TDA

My Best Bitter for sure using the Burton1 yeast was an absolute cracker and swilled merrily by all. The downside was, I got so pissed off with waking this yeast up EVERY day I sacked it. Beware its a sleeper.
It was different from 1469 and PC103 but had simalarities, very clean med flocca, low atttentuation, leaves heaps of malt behind, and really left some fullness in mouthfeel using polenta in the grist that I didnt get from the other 2 yeasts. It also accentuated the bitterness better IMO. Good yeast if you like kicking the shit out of your fermenter.
edit, wheres wolfy been of late?

Going to use my Yorkshire yeast for the first time this coming Tuesday (cup day) in an ESBB (extra/english special/strong brown bitter).

ESBB (English Strong Brown Bitter)

Type: All grain
Size: 20 liters
Color: 31 HCU (~16 SRM)
Bitterness: 40 IBU
OG: 1.062
FG: 1.012
Alcohol: 6.4% v/v (5.0% w/w)
Grain: 5kg JW ale
250g Belgian biscuit
300g British crystal 95-115L
50g British chocolate