Braumeister NEXTGEN Build

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've done a couple of 50L batch in a similar outer pot. I've never had boil over issues. I do use a hop-bag however. I've also done like 2cm from top on my large system. Remember the controller will keep you bang on boiling, not higher. The hop bag seems to also help.

Happy days, that's good to know. I was probably a little bit impulsive when I bought my pot but it was labeled as a 72lt (45 x 45) when in fact it was (42 x 45). Something to watch out for I guess...
The excitement is starting to reach fever pitch!

Yeah from offcuts too so hopefully at a five finger discount. In reality making the malt pipe is very straightforward and should be relatively cheap for anyone who goes down that route...

lael said:
yeah it looks good. At a glance just a caution that from memory I don't think that size of malt pipe will allow you to do a single batch of a normal-low gravity beer, though high grav might be fine. Just means you will 'have' to make doubles for appx 1.040 beers. I haven't checked the numbers in the spreadsheet - you can do that by modifying the batch size column to check.
I've always wondered if it was possible to just take up some of the malt pipe space with "something else" rather than the extra grain for small batches?
It may of already been discussed here?
Finding some thing suitable and easily cleaned is the hard part. Maybe 2 - 3 liters of glass marbles. Some stainless spheres would be perfect if you could track such a thing down. Capped glass stubbies.. the list goes on I guess..

From those who have built something already is there any benefit from having the controller as a stand alone unit? I'm thinking rather than attach it to the bottom of my pot I might keep the leads relatively long (possibly governed by the temp probe which is 1m I think) and having the controller detachable. That way I can have the controller at a more comfortable working height and am keeping it well and truly away from any potential leaks...

Any thoughts?

Mine is a separate unit. I find it easier to detach the unit for cleaning. I can also just hook it up to the power and program it without having to plug in the probes or power for the urn.
I also leave it on a shelf so that I can admire it even after everything else has been put away. :)

I think that's the way I'm going to go too, hadn't thought about being able to program it so there's an added bonus!

Mine is incorporated into a switchboard so the screen and buttons are at eye height. The bottom of the switchboard has the temp in, lead for the element (mine gets hard connected each time) lead for the pump and a hole to plug the usb cable into the arduino.

I've mounted mine on a pole that slides up and down and swivels from side to side, it works great.
gallery_5481_1333_751735.jpg

gallery_5481_1333_209059.jpg

gallery_5481_1333_718003.jpg

Quote.jpg

just got a quote to build a base for the pots i have.
$275 ex GST... seems a bit steep?
anyone got any recommendations to cut down some cost?

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1447151695.229637.jpg

It has begun! Wish me luck!

I have read all 90+ pages of this thread, but no doubt, I'll be asking a few questions along the way!

Thanks to all who have put in the time and effort already to share their builds!!

BTW did anyone end up using the IKEA Trivet for anything in their build? I got a couple, and thought they might be useful!
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1447152170.121234.jpg

Has anyone found a place in Sydney that is willing to sell small sheets of perforated stainless for the filter plates?

I've found a couple of places by they all only want to sell a full sheet.

As another option if people are willing to split it a big sheet that could work.

A sheet (2m by 1m) of 2mm thick 316 stainless with 3mm holes and 40% open area is about $800

marc280 said:
Has anyone found a place in Sydney that is willing to sell small sheets of perforated stainless for the filter plates?

I've found a couple of places by they all only want to sell a full sheet.

As another option if people are willing to split it a big sheet that could work.

A sheet (2m by 1m) of 2mm thick 316 stainless with 3mm holes and 40% open area is about $800
check with Lael... I assume (based on the apparent/hopeful future plans/interest in some pots/malt pipes) that he has found a supplier (though possibly only full sheet suppliers *shrug*)

Thought it was about time I contributed something to this thread, some pics of my finished build. Thanks to all the contributors to this thread over the years and an even bigger thanks to Lael for taking care of the hard part!

WP_20151128_12_56_29_Pro.jpg

WP_20151128_14_57_26_Pro.jpg

WP_20151128_10_56_36_Pro.jpg

WP_20151102_15_11_45_Pro.jpg

Looks great
Where did the top screen come from.?
Jámes

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Ferg said:
Thought it was about time I contributed something to this thread, some pics of my finished build. Thanks to all the contributors to this thread over the years and an even bigger thanks to Lael for taking care of the hard part!
what heating element are you using?

Back