Braumeister NEXTGEN Build

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Opne ArdBir and the single vessel brewing system have been selected for Arduino Day 2015 event

very proud of this and may thanks to all people in this form that contributed to this project

ArdBir%2520Open%2520Day%25202015%2520V2.png

you can follow the event in live streaming and on twitter #Ardbir #ArduinoD15

https://youtu.be/sGCiiL0JQ5s

stay tuned!
Davide

Hey guys,

Check out my new setup. This is a different kind of Braumeister clone. Instead of having the mashtun in the boil kettle it sits on top of it. So far i´ve brewed 4 beers with it and it´s working very well! The thread is in Icelandic, but you can use google translate or something to translate the text.

http://fagun.is/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=3506

Best regards from Iceland !

@ Arzaman.
You will have better results if you lagged / insulated to silicone heat trace. I use hundreds of meters of it for work of all different types of heat tracing but the critical thing is too lag the pipes.
It is a great idea though and I nearly went that way myself.

Can you explain what you mean CoxR? Do you mean insulation over the top of the Silicon heat mat?

Yes, I lag everything that is heat traced as it helps with stable temps all be it a longer time period than a 90 minute mash, but it will definitely help with ramp times. You use installation then go over that with 0.6 zinc or stainless sheet.

wow who would have thought this thing would have gone so far, good work guys. Just to let everyone know I don't have time to respond to any questions anymore because of family issues but many thanks to those that have taken my basic idea and ran with it.

Open ArdBir NEW Release 2.8.3RC8 is now avaialble !
https://goo.gl/qMhPgu
New features, some enanchements and corrections...lot of work since the original code adoption hope you appreciate it !

RELEASE NOTE
-Cooling process automation added
-Whirlpool process automation added
-pwm control for boil enhancement
-EEPROM remapping
-Bug Fix

Davide - ArdBir Team

I've seen a few people use these for the bottom filter plates... How have they gone? And is there any problem with aluminium covered in non stick material with reference to having stainless pots?

1439790074718.jpg

I would be more worried about the nasty Teflon waaaay before any issues related to galvanic corrosion.

Teflon at 100 degrees surely cant be as bad as baking at 200?

Yeah you are right, but when it starts to flake as all things do...
Stainless would be ideal, but finding the right size at a reasonable price may be difficult. Aluminium would be okay, but a gasket in between would be ideal. Can you use the base of your pot as a filter plate or are you fabricating a pipe yourself?

Im interested in doing this build, looking at 40x40cm outer pot and 30x30cm inner pot, some falsies for the top and bottom filter plates, and all the skin fittings, QD and piping.

does anyone else in Brisbane want to go halvies in some postage?

One quick question - please

I know its in here somewhere, I read through when it was only 160 or so pages long but I don't want to do it again.

So, what's the highest grain to water (kg/litre) in the MP that's a reliable mash is not likely to cause trouble?

Thanks. Aamcle

2.8L/kg is the lowest you want to go in my experience. Crush @1.2mm on mashmaster minimill.

Eg: 30L MP/ 2.8 = 10.8kg of grain.

Quick question, looking at my volume calcs for my build does anyone foresee any issues with me being able to do double batches? The highest gravity beers I will likely do be something along the lines of a duvel (8.5%). I would really like to end up with two fairly full kegs after fermentation.
Cheers, Fergal.

yeah it looks good. At a glance just a caution that from memory I don't think that size of malt pipe will allow you to do a single batch of a normal-low gravity beer, though high grav might be fine. Just means you will 'have' to make doubles for appx 1.040 beers. I haven't checked the numbers in the spreadsheet - you can do that by modifying the batch size column to check.

Cheers Lael, I was a little concerned about any potential boil overs. If my calculations are right I will be 9cm from the top of the pot at my strike volume.

lespaul: Im getting it made actually. I couldn't find anything suitable and it can be made easily at my work so good enough for me.

Latest posts

Back