Bitter & Twisted 2009

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just thought I'd mention that if you are bringing kids you still need to book tickets for them even though they get in free (phone number on the website).
It let's them know how many people are on site etc.
Might save some time getting in if you pre-book :)

Just me and my old man, but hey that'll be something i would not have known if my kids were tagging, good point shmick, kids will be bored shitless though!

I am getting excited now. Will be presenting a wheat beer chat in Sunday arvo and delivering my beer off the hand pump on Sunday morning.

Can advise that my beer is an Old Speckled Hen clone and may be a little cloudy due to recent kegging. I have Aussie-fied the name and called it "B'gurk" as one of my mates uses this term to identify fowl of the chook family. Brewed and no-chilled at MHB's shop on his primo German Braumeister rig and proudly fermented and kegged at the Teninch Brewery at Medowie. Ringwood yeast was used in this beer. I think you will like it.

There will be a choc porter on the weekend as well, as well as others. I'll leave the details to MHB to identify and schedule the availability, which I hope he will have time to do a little later this evening...unless he's running around like a looney doing last minute prep for B&T.

I would go for the chilli eating comp on Sunday but I have to work on Monday, rather than spending the day running to the can.

Seth/ Weizguy out

I hope all have a great time and good luck with the beers on tap boys.

Go the home brew! :)

cheers

Looks like it's all falling into place, I still have a couple of hours work in front of me, just last minute stuff the finishing up the plumbing on the new 4 tap magic box and one weld to get the Randal finished I'm taking about a Kg of fresh Galaxy flowers for that totally untested and here's hoping it flies. The Magic Box is looking good,photo from earlier in the day.

Hope to see many of you there over the weekend, this will be out front, so should be easy to find.
View attachment 32685
Mark
The serving list should go something like this:-

Sat AM
Trent Mayer Topaz SMASH
Steve Young IPA
Tony Kilpatrick Randalised Pale Ale
Sat PM
Daniel Elkington IPA
Dr Dan Moloney Big Hairy Arsed Dark Ale
Thomas Foote Golden Ale

Sun AM
Pete Ptolemy APA
Les Waver Old Speckled Hen
Sun PM
Ken Friend Munich Hells
Ben Smee Spiced Pumpkin Ale

All Day Both Days (catch as can)
Mark Heff
Ben Paton Porter
David LaMotte Bitter
Alex Porter
Garth Martin Old Peculiar
Collin Alston Budvar

met up with fatgodzilla at Shenanigans last night. He reminded me about my hawiian shirt idea so I'm off to Lowes this morning to buy the loudest shirt I can....

I'll be wearing my Twisted Hop "I got mine hand pulled" shirt and Little Creatures hat. Say hi if you see me (today).

I will be wearing a bright Hawaiian shirt, featuring a lot of purple among other colours.

Thanks to Mark (MHB), myself and a handful of local amateurs will have the chance to have our beer showcased alongside commercial beers and get some recognition for the quality of local homebrew, as well as a little personal kudos.

It's about raising the profile and status of homebrew as a quality product. We will be sending the message that beer can be a quality product made at home and people can do it themselves.

Am I excited? Does a bear cr@p in the woods? Is the pope German? Does he love beer? Do we?

Look out for signs advertising the mooted formation of a local homebrew club.
We live in exciting times, and I'm glad to be part of it. I'm effervescing.

Come and say hello, and don't be scared by my facial hair. You will see it when you spot me.

Les the resident Weizguy at B&T.

Mark, the magic box looks great.

Looking forward to seeing Randal in action.

Friken brilliant day i gotta say
Everyone put in a massive effort and i recon we had to of had the best stand of the day .. if the line up was anything to go by
It would of been at least 25-30 deep and 3 rows across there at some points

Id personally really like to thank Mark for the opportunity to be apart of team.
The effort that man went to to organise all of this in really such a short time is somthing that really needs to be commended

Cant wait till tomorrow where SWMBO has lovingly offered to drive me back down tomorrow so i can actually get to walk around and enjoy the atmosphere and the beer(Arvo shift was great to be on the taps but sucked for a chance to see the venue)

Great to of met everyone i did, especially Daniel who i recon i soaked with beer at least twice.. sorry mate :p

Tom

Yep, top day out. The MHB stand had long lines, the punters must have liked the beers.

Great to catch up with you all again.

Trent, your beer was a cracker.

So.... Here we are, the half way point for the weekend.... Might be a little early yet to declare it, but what a fantastic day out today for all involved with the MHB stand. I'd like anyone else who can to point out where they have a home brew shop that supports the local community, then is willing to lobby OLGR for permission to serve Homebrew to the public for FREE, then is willing to front 5 odd grand in advance for a stand and then on top of all that, donate the ingredients to 10 odd customers for nicks just for the chance to present their beer to the public, and then go through the pain and pus of pulling it all together to be the success it was, to pipe up and put it out here....

A line 3 or 4 wide and twenty deep most of the day speaks for itself... and when you walk up to a brewery like Coopers for a beer and they compliment you on being a part of one of the best stands for the day, you know you've been part of something pretty special!

Sooo... blowing my own trumpet (or others) or not, I'd personally like to thank Mark for his vision and persistance in pulling this all together... and thanks Ben for being a better part of it also. To all the other Hunter brewers involved; Well done!... Particularly you, Trent, what a top beer the Topaz Smash was... Seeing all those people comijng back saying "Head On, Please" was something cool.... To all the other fellow Hunter brewers, I look forward in tasting your efforts tomorrow, and in times to come..... We really do have it pretty bloody good here in the Hunter...... :D

Ooooh... amd thanks, Fatz, for the ride, its always a pleasure to have a coldy with you old son ;)

For anyone that was there today - it was a blast. Thankfully the weather held out for everyone.

I think all of the beer was received well, judging by the lines all day. Serving during the morning I know it was non stop.

Trent, congrats on the reception of your beer, it was a real favourite. The crowd knew their beers!

Mark, thanks for your efforts to get this to actually happen and I hope Sunday goes well.

Fear_n_Loath

yeeeeeewww!!!! i cant b bothered reading the last couple page..... but i met a bunchf of peopls from ahb at b and t and it was fcuckin sick'! woooo!!!

I have to say that Steve young's I.P.A was the best at mhb stand that I tried, only other thing i tried was the one with the floaty's not sure what it was but it was flat so the I.P.A gets my vote, for all that KKer's out their it was a Kit beer, other then that the line at MHB's stand was big all day long....
If u wanted a quick beer go to the dan murphy's stand only 2-3 people at a time!

The "Floaties" were Tonys Randalised APA pumping though fresh galaxy hops and was daaaaaamn delicious

Tom

Great to of met everyone i did, especially Daniel who i recon i soaked with beer at least twice.. sorry mate :p

Haha no worries mate! It was all part of the fun. Nice meeting you too.

Yesterday was indeed a fun day, it wad great to pick the brains a little of the more experienced brewers and the feedback on all the mhb beers was very positive.

Thanks again to Mark for putting it all on!
I'll see those if you backing up today soon!

Latest posts

Back