Bitter & Twisted 2009

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
+2 for shenanigans. But what I would do is have a few pints of good Guinness, then take you favorite drink, I reckon a good Red Wine, directly across the road to Maneeya Thai restaurant.

The Thai Restaurant is directly across the road and is very good.

Fear_n_Loath

Shenanigan's and then a cab ride back over to East Maitland is looking like a winner now that I know what's on tap....

Mate... Good luck getting 20 bottles for $60 at WATB... especially on the imports. Most of those start around the $6 mark and head north rapidly towards the $12... Even the redoak 250ml bottles are $5 plus... Unless buy Aussi you meant a selection of VB, MB, Carlton Draught, XXXX gold... :p

No mate all aussie pale's matilda bay's you can get between $3.30-$3.90, but then again yer 20 botttles is pushing it, maitland gaol is still in the talks I just dont want to have to catch the train home, with a couple under my belt, as well as others who could be on the train from the same place, who cant handle the drink, maybe still going fingers crossed!

Its a matter of bringing the missus round to letting go,,,, with the bub up in JHH and all till january. Their is a few pale's up their I am wanting to try!

Just a heads up for those wanting to get into the very good buffet / smorgo at the East Maitland Bowlo. It isn't far from the Gaol.

http://www.embc.com.au/

It is hugely popular and very good, I've been a few times on weekends and it is one of the best I've had in recent times.

You will need to book, there is almost no chance you will get in without one.

The do 2 sessions of about an hour and a half each. Well worth it if you are into these things, they have a great range of Aussie and Asian dishes.

Edit : Put linky in :)

Cheerz Wabster

My wife went to this last week for lunch with her friends and recons it was tops.

The food up the hill in the cbd of east maitland (not the highway) at a pub called the Windsor Castle is awsome as well.

kurtz will be at the Belmont, hopefully havng his arse whipped with a riding crop

+2 for shenanigans. But what I would do is have a few pints of good Guinness, then take you favorite drink, I reckon a good Red Wine, directly across the road to Maneeya Thai restaurant.

The Thai Restaurant is directly across the road and is very good.

Fear_n_Loath

Oh yeah! The food there is devine.

We get take out from there all the time and is wonderfull.

If you like it HOT get a Jungle Curry :icon_drool2:

Shenanigan's and then a cab ride back over to East Maitland is looking like a winner now that I know what's on tap....

Will be in Maitland from mid afternoon Friday, sounds like the Irish Pub on Friday night is the go ! Pub crawl from the caravan park starts about 4.00pm I thinks !

kurtz will be at the Belmont, hopefully havng his arse whipped with a riding crop

Didn't see that option on the website ! :rolleyes:

Will be in Maitland from mid afternoon Friday, sounds like the Irish Pub on Friday night is the go ! Pub crawl from the caravan park starts about 4.00pm I thinks !

As will we.......

Wife was talking about maybe hitting up the bowlo on Friday and then Shenanigans/The thai place across the road on Saturday......

I'll have a chat with her later about it.

As will we.......

Wife was talking about maybe hitting up the bowlo on Friday and then Shenanigans/The thai place across the road on Saturday......

I'll have a chat with her later about it.

Thinking after a day of Bittering & Twistings might be best not to plan Saturday night too far in advance ! I'll just start walking from about 4.00pm stopping for a beer in each pub that looks interesting. Finish at the Irish place for some Guinness. I'm sure I'll find someone interesting to talk too ! Will avoid the bowlo at all costs (get enough of the local bowling club to want to visit one in Maitland !)

Should be a good weekend :icon_drunk:

Man makes a valid point....

EDIT: Would that be the caravan park on High Street???

Just did the math on getting to B&T by cityrail.

Due to the track work to get from Gosford to East Maitland, will take me 3 buses and 3.5 hours.

That is such a hard pill to swallow seeing it is only an hour by car.

Just did the math on getting to B&T by cityrail.

Due to the track work to get from Gosford to East Maitland, will take me 3 buses and 3.5 hours.

That is such a hard pill to swallow seeing it is only an hour by car.

Are Rover Coaches running a bus this year?
Nearly went with them last year but they arrived a bit too late and left a little early for my plans.
Was dearer than a train but a lot quicker from memory

We have accommodation already at the Endeavour Motel over in East Maitland.

Are Rover Coaches running a bus this year?
Nearly went with them last year but they arrived a bit too late and left a little early for my plans.
Was dearer than a train but a lot quicker from memory

Unlike previous years , I can't find any info about them running charters.
Their fleet is probably being used by cityrail to transport rail customers

Unless you've already booked, there is no spare accomodation at Shenanigans.

Only need room at the bar !

re Carvan park .. think its the one on the highway .. can't remember - booked a powered site for my tent. Will find out when I get there.

Try this place. Its in maitland and they have Guiness and Kilkenny on tap. Its a tops little Irish pub and our watering hole of choice when we get the chance to go out.

The pints of Guiness are devine!

Map

Website

The food is nice too :)

cheers

I stayed there with some mates for late year's B&T was pretty good. In fact the wives went to the markets on the Sunday (whil we went back to B&T) and were not happy with the selection of food so went back to Shenanigans for late lunch.

Staying at the Windsor Castle Hotel this year (12 people in total)

M_D

Back