Bitter & Twisted 2009

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pollux

RoachHaus Brewery
Reaction score
Over the last week I have managed to convince the wife that her parent's offer of taking our daughter for the weekend so we can have a weekend away should not be wasted and we should hit up the Bitter and Twisted this year at Maitland.....

We have our hotel booked, roughly 900m away from the gaol :D

So, seeing as though no-one else seems to have started a thread, who's heading there this year? Would love to meet up with a few fellow brewers. :icon_chickcheers:

Rocks Brewing will be there - Pale and Red Ale!

Scotty

Would love to make it. Missed the last one due to a prior engagement :(

When's this years on?

Hey Scotty,

Enjoyed your Bulli Black at Bathurst last weekend... a great drop. I did have a little giggle with Les later in the night when a punter at the bar got a schooner of it, tasted it and prompty proclaimed "It needs sumthin;.....whack a dash of New in it will ya..." got it back, licked the lips and said "Friggin' bewdyful"

Hey Scotty,

Enjoyed your Bulli Black at Bathurst last weekend... a great drop. I did have a little giggle with Les later in the night when a punter at the bar got a schooner of it, tasted it and prompty proclaimed "It needs sumthin;.....whack a dash of New in it will ya..." got it back, licked the lips and said "Friggin' bewdyful"

I dont know quite what to say ....

I'll be there with JonnyAnchovy. Would be happy to meet up with some fellow brewers, though I doubt there will be a shortage...

Will be there for sure, at least one day maybe two.

Looking forward to meeting some of you.

Fear_n_Loath.

I'll see if I an find the time to poke my head in....

Should be but not sure about both days this year.

Does this still have a brew comp going on? Can't see anything mentioned on the site??

I'll be there.

devo I brough this up here a little while ago - apparently there wasn't even officially one last year. On the phone they said there isn't one this year either, but there could be something small and unofficial again - havent heard anything yet.

I'll be there.

devo I brough this up here a little while ago - apparently there wasn't even officially one last year. On the phone they said there isn't one this year either, but there could be something small and unofficial again - havent heard anything yet.

When you say unofficial, what do you mean exactly?

[quote name='O'Henry' post='524658' date='Sep 22 2009, 12:13 AM']When you say unofficial, what do you mean exactly?[/quote]

I'm not really sure to be honest :) I mean in the same capacity in that last years comp wasn't official in that it wasn't officially part of bitter and twisted, but there was still a comp of sorts.

You have only served to concrete the image of several well inebriated home brew enthusiasts tucking in to assorted brews at the local oval after dark, with well earned kebabs.

I have no idea why that image popped into my head...

lol, sounds like a plan. Which oval will it be? :p

Well, since it is a little far from maitland to my local oval and it seems like you have been there before, how about you choose the one with the nicest outlook.

On another note, is there a beer theme park anywhere in the world?

Warners at the bay is better for the money $30 bucks 6 hours of straight up tasting, compared to say the $30 ticket into maitland gaol allows 5 beers...but in saying that I have never been to bitter n twisted so does anyone know if those 5 beers are schooners or half a plastic cup like at warners at the bay?
warners at the bay is the "annual boutigue beer festival" all though the entertainment is not thier is value for money on the drinking side......
anyway to the question of the thread? I am a maybe!

Latest posts

Back