Cancer in a family member

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to read about this. Condolences Andrew on your loss.

I know losing a parent is tough, as I lost my mother just a month ago at nearly 92 years of age.

My families sympathy to yours.
For what I am about to say you can tell me to **** off if you want and I will take no offence .

When my old man died I struggled , I looked for " signs" from Dad and saw them......it worked for me and my family,it still does.
What works...works.

Sorry to hear mate thoughts are with u

Sorry to hear. My dad passed away 5 years ago. I still have a beer with him on his birthday.

I think Spiesy should be congratulated for his effort in The dry July, as a brewer it is pretty tough to go without a beer but the cause outweighs the need, I hope it has been worth the effort and many has donated. Well done Spiesy.

My wife has a friend who was diagnosed with a brain tumour and given not long to live,she was accepted for medicial trials in brisvegas . my wife rang her the other day and was told by the friend she sneezed the tumor out and feels heaps better...the drug trials medicial weed..

Sorry to hear that GalBrew, I know you said your Mum had been on the Keytruda the same as myself, but a couple of months ago they pulled all the ones off the trial who were PD-L1 negative apparently it only works on the people who are PD-L1 positive or vise versa.
Read that they have been having success with injecting the Polio and HIV virus into the tumor, a full circle of what was being tried over 100 years ago and I believe the race is on for a vaccine to prevent cancer but as it varies between different types I'm not sure how it will work.

wide eyed and legless said:
Sorry to hear that GalBrew, I know you said your Mum had been on the Keytruda the same as myself, but a couple of months ago they pulled all the ones off the trial who were PD-L1 negative apparently it only works on the people who are PD-L1 positive or vise versa.
Read that they have been having success with injecting the Polio and HIV virus into the tumor, a full circle of what was being tried over 100 years ago and I believe the race is on for a vaccine to prevent cancer but as it varies between different types I'm not sure how it will work.
It's a shame too as mum was lined up for a trial of a PD-1 inhibitor that worked on PD-L1 and PD-L2, but
was judged too weak to participate. Anyway not much you can do about these things in the end.

All the best Galbrew.

Tears for your mum mate and I'll raise a glass to you.

Heard today my mate with stage 4 cancer (most recent iterations lung and brain) has no visible tumours. Radio has worked for him (albeit knocking him around a lot).

Thanks Manticle, she was a good lady. Good news about your mate, must be quite a relief for all involved.

Back