Raising a glass for mum

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crusty

Reaction score
Hi all.
It's a really sad day for us tonight as my dear mum of 60yrs has passed away.
A 5 year battle with breast cancer took it's toll on mum but she is a fighter & actually beat the dreaded cancer only to succumb to chronic heart failure. She endured a year of Chemo & six months of radiation to beat the disease. A full year of experimental drugs enlarged her heart & destroyed her lungs, the cure is worse than the disease itself. In re-mission for a few years but the lungs & heart were never going to get any better & the downward spiral began. She required extended hours on oxygen every day just to be able to function at 50% capacity.This morning around 10:30 AM, she was taken to hospital with severe dehydration & we all assumed a night on the drip would see her back home tomorrow. Every hour that past saw her worsen to the point of being incoherent. My family & I spent several hours by her bedside, stroking her hair, holding her hand when she finally succumbed. She made so many sacrifices in her life for us & not a day will go by without thoughts of you in our hearts.
We love you mum..........XO

So sorry for your loss Crusty.

Sorry to hear it Crusty. Here's to your mother. Never been anyone else like her, never will be. Mum, who breathed breath into us. May she travel well. Good luck to you and your family.

We hold our mums dear to our hearts, mate. Must be a bloody tough time. Take care of you and your family.

Sad news Crusty. I doubt there will ever be a day where you don't think of her, just like there was probably never a day she didn't think of you.

Thanks so much guys.
I am trying to make a positive of the worst day in my life & seeing some family members today was gut wrenching.
She will be laid to rest this Saturday & we are expecting well over 200 people at the church.
Like myself, mum was born & raised here & there's not too many people that didn't know her.
I am absolutely heart broken & have taken a couple of weeks leave from work. We are a very close family & mum's ten remaining brothers & sisters will be arriving all this week.
Looking forward to getting the dreaded formalities out of the way & dreading the job of being one of the pall-bearers, it's going to be tough.
Then we can concentrate on celebrating the life of my wonderful mum.
Cheers to you ma.......XO

Sorry to hear it Crusty.

I went through a similar situation a few years ago and can understand how you may feel. I'm sure that things feel shit now, and will continue to do so for a while. But for what it's worth, it does get easier. Something that you will always have, forever, are the great memories of your mum.

Sorry to hear of your loss, my sympathy to you and yours,i will raise a glass. ..spog...

Without a doubt, today was the toughest day ever in saying goodbye to my wonderful Mum.
Being one of the pall-bearers & carrying Mum's coffin to the waiting funeral car was hard, very hard.
Mum was great at poetry & a copy of my little poem that was read at the service was placed in her coffin.
I think she would of been proud.
We'll never forget you Mum. We love you...........XO

View attachment Mum.docx

My sympathy to you. It was hard enough on us when mum had a stroke 18 months ago and recovered. She was only 54. She had cervical cancer when I was 21 but they got it in time.

Damn hard thing to loose your a lived one. Ill raise a glass for you.

Thanks heaps guys.
This has hit me like a knock out punch.
Mum meant the world to us & we miss her deeply.
Cheers

Its a tough thing mate, we lost mum at the beginning of the year, about 2 months before the birth of her first grandchild, really tough...

Chin up mate, it does soften, I wont say it gets easier.. just softer.

Cheers to Crusty's Old Bird.

:icon_cheers:
:beerdrink:
:(

Yob said:
Its a tough thing mate, we lost mum at the beginning of the year, about 2 months before the birth of her first grandchild, really tough...

Chin up mate, it does soften, I wont say it gets easier.. just softer.

Cheers to Crusty's Old Bird.

:icon_cheers:
:beerdrink:
:(
Wow mate, that's terrible & my condolences to you & your family.
It's a real rollercoater of emotions. You feel kinda strong, fall apart then feel guilty all in the space of an hour.
Mum was lucky enough to spend a bit of time with my three kids, 10,8,& 2 year old. My sister has a 14 year old & the youngest sister in only 21 with no kids yet.
It's just so empty over at my step dad's place & never being able to call or drop in & see Mum is just horrible.
Time heals all wounds eventually but this has cut me deep, real deep mate.
We'll never forget her.
Cheers

Back