Cancer in a family member

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Galbrew
GalBrew said:
My Mum didn't make it either in the end. She passed on the 10th.
Sorry to hear, sympathy to you and yours.

my young boy (turned 8 today) says when people die "they didn't make the jump"

Sister-in-law Jo, didn't make the jump this morning after a 12month fight with the big C

Sad to hear droid, but something that we hear a lot of, in Victoria the stats are 30 people everyday succumb to cancer, the treatment I am having has been successful for me, after the gastrologist took a biopsy from the tumor the results came back negative but the drug only works on 30% of patients, so there is a long way to go to finding a cure across the board.

Commiserations mate.
Horrible ******* shit of a thing it is.

my condolences
6z3kec.jpg

Sorry to hear that mate. It's terrible news at the best of times, but even worse at this time of year.

Take care of yourself and your family.

Echo what has been said above.
Our condolences to you and yours.

Finished my 2 years of treatment 34 sessions at $9000 per session for doses of Pembrolizumab courtesy of Merk & Co Inc, out of 11,000 participants in the trial one died approximately 1/2 were taken off the trial for being PD1 negative (no response to treatment) other received rashes causing them to leave the trial. Good news is because I performed so well I can go back on the drug FOC.
It must be so hard to come up with a treatment that not only suits everyone but each different type of cancer, I asked the oncologist where I stand and mentioned that the word cured is never heard when talking to them.The reply was the cancer has gone, or we could say it is in remission but there is no cure for cancer it will come back at some stage unless one dies of something else.
I asked why men are suddenly getting breast cancer the reply was, mainly in farmers and anyone else who keeps the mobile phone in their top pocket.
The patient who died on the trial died of collateral damage, apparently common when using a drug which fires up the immune system, not dying but the immune system will attack good cells when fired up.

Great news, WEAL!! Congrats. That'd be a looooong 2 years, hey? At least in the foreseeable future that's a fantastic result.
Hopefully you'll continue to annoy DBS & keep waving the Liberal flag for many, many, many years to come!
:group:
Out of interest, are you still brewing at the moment? I haven't seen many WAYB or WITG posts from you in the last year or so.

Great news, WEAL!! Congrats. That'd be a looooong 2 years, hey? At least in the foreseeable future that's a fantastic result.
Hopefully you'll continue to annoy DBS & keep waving the Liberal flag for many, many, many years to come!
:group:
Out of interest, are you still brewing at the moment? I haven't seen many WAYB or WITG posts from you in the last year or so.
Did a fair few brews over summer and the last couple of weeks I have made an Ordinary Bitter, Bass Pale Ale, IPA and an Abbotts Ale,
should be one t but I prefer it with two, I miss Tony.
Had 2 years off brewing not because of the treatment there was no side effects like there is with Chemo, may as well had carried on brewing with Garrett Oliver ringing me all hours of the day and night,'What do you think of this recipe, will these hops go well with this recipe';)

Latest posts

Back