Cancer in a family member

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DU99

Reaction score
Most of us one day will find someone close to them who has cancer.

i have a daughter who is 35 has two children 9/7.she found out about it 7 years ago after the birth of her daughter,she went to get peter Mc who did they normally do,she went into remission,about christmas she was getting sore back pains,went thru a series of tests down the track.they found a growth about 6.5cm touching her spine.last week we as a family we told she had months to live.....why have i told you this as a parent...kids should outlast us..and Thanks Martin for understanding

Also Guys get yourself checked for anything strange medicially

Hope she defies the medical odds. Got 2 good mates, one young (early 30s) one older (close to 60) with different incurable lung cancers and they are doing just that. Make every bit count, best of luck.

That's so rough.
Doesn't seem right liking your post...but you know what we mean.
Thinking of you and your family. Take care.

My thoughts are with you mate, I know you'll all pull together as a family and your daughter will be the strongest of you all.

I admire the loved ones I've lost to this decease for the calmness and dignity they've shown as those around them fell to pieces. How they do it no one else can really understand until it's your turn, but its like something comes to them and makes everything okay to bear.

Love is the most powerful force in the universe and no matter what you see as death with your eyes, in your heart you'll know it will never separate you and your family from the love of your daughter, ever. Your daughter will also rest peacefully knowing her children have a loving family to watch over them. It's terrible news too hear and bear, I'm so sorry, just spend as much happy and loving time together as possible, I'm sure your daughter will be very proud having you as her father in the months ahead.

I feel your pain, right now my mum is in palliative care riddled with cancer and doped up to the eyeballs because of the constant pain. I can't imagine what it would be like to see your child go through such a horrendous thing, you have my heartfelt sympathies.

Hell. That's hell. I'm so sorry mate. I had cancer and beat the odds, but it happens both ways. Good luck to you, your daughter and your whole family. I hope the odds go out the window.

Geez, mate. That is terrible, terrible news. And just so damn unfair. Such a young mother/daughter with such young kids. I'm so very sorry for you and your family.
As manticle and Mardoo said, hopefully she can defy the average stats.
My thoughts are with you.

It is indeed a terrible disease, when I go for treatment it is those who are so very young and the children with cancer I feel for.
A neighbor across the road, (he is about 45)who I have been visiting has brain cancer, and has been fighting it for 10 years, he has spent a fortune on some of the new drugs which are not on the register for no avail, he told me a few weeks ago he didn't want to live anymore and 2 days ago went into a coma, so I think he will now get his wish.

It isn't so much the victim of the disease who suffers, it is those who are closest to them, my wife is having to go for counseling because she cannot accept the fact that I could not be around to take care of her, she thought in her mind that I am indestructible, and I cannot even joke about it in front of her which is my way of handling it.

I wouldn't despair just yet DU99, the drug I am on is the closest thing to a magic bullet, and the drug company is gearing up to test a lot of the different cancers to see if it works on them.

the drug company is gearing up to test
doctor's told us they might trial her on some new drug,but she has to "well enough" to go on it.she has left hospital.and thanks guys :icon_cheers:

I lost both parents through cancer so my thoughts are with you, I wish her well and sincerely hope she beats this demon disease....Good luck

My deepest condolences to you and yours.

Latest posts

Back