Bitter & Twisted 2009

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great to see all the names popping up of people thinking of attending this year.

It really blows me away that we have a local tourist organisation that delivers us a festival committed to good beer,food, coffee and music. Beer isnt a support act to 'food and wine' - it is the star attraction.

And they hand it over to us local brewers to run some sessions and just talk beer !

It really is brilliant - so get here if you can. You know that you want to plus we all know that 'once bitten' you will return.

Dave

I finally got around to convincing my son who lives in Maitland, and ironically works at Maitland Courthouse, that myself and MsWab are actually going to visit him for a weekend.

Of course I've picked the weekend of the B&T and bought him a ticket too, on the basis that the daughter in law will drop us off and collect us later.

So Saturday will be my day on the loose so to speak, and am really looking forward to it.

Hopefully will get to meet some of the AHB'ers I haven't yet met, and catch up with those I have met.

And there will be the added joy of some good beers and music and an atmosphere that can't be beaten.

Roll on November 7th,

Cheerz and beerz, Wabster.

I am looking forward to go too.
Very keen to try the HAG beers at Marks stand and catch up with people.
Will hopefully soon have my own AG setup and do the next step up from extract.

With regards to Home Brew Classes - I am taking 15 mates along and some of them already do some K&K but I am working to get them more into it :icon_cheers: So I hope this is a good opportunity to convince them.

I was planning to go, but health issues with mrs warra, myself, and our dog will unfortunately prevent me from being there. :eek:
Hope it's a good weekend for all who attend. :chug:

Sorry to hear warra I hope all turns out good in the long run

I certainly cant wait for B&T
Had a great day down on Marks on his Bling brewmiester on Tuesday and we managed to pump out a very nice tasting 50L of Golden Ale (BTW if mark ever turns his back that Brewmiester is coming home with me LOL )
Managed to free up some fridge space and got the 1st half of the batch brewing now with the second following in about 4 days

Cant wait to catch up with fellow HAGgers and sample some of the other beers they are bringing .. the micros can go eat dirt for all i care as im sure our stuff will be better :p

Tom

Just a little over 3 weeks to go, is anybody else excited?
Will be interesting to get some feedback on my beer, so if yer there on sat'dy morning and feel like handing out some constructive criticism, drop by Marks Home Brew tent and have a bit of a chuckle at my brewing attempt. So far it tastes pretty good - for home brew.
Massive thanks to Mark for the oppurtunity to serve my beer to the public, I just hope I dont scare people away from home brewing!
See ya's there....
T.

I'll make a point to swing by and give it a taste......

I just re-checked the listing of beers available for sampling......It's going to be a LONG day....

Hi all, It will be Lager, Lager Lager for me... (work commitments...)

I have a spare tap so I'm still trying to pursuade the powers that be to let me to put on a mystery brew though.

Here's hoping.

Does this still have a brew comp going on? Can't see anything mentioned on the site??

No official competition for Bitter & Twisted this year but we are very interested in seeing the Top Twister Pro Am return! If anyone out there wants to work with us to get it up and running in 2010 give us a shout.

LCPA?

I thought i was baned!

But seeing as its my pet hate beer i'll take the stir and smile :)

have fun folks

;) i know mate...... we had a laugh about it on the chat a week or 2 ago.

have fun.

Cheers

:unsure:... Ohhhh... :D

Well I'm a bit of a late starter.... but I have a cunning plan! :ph34r:

Shout ya one if you walk past...

oooh...the elusive kurtz may have been even more so this year as his plans took in the first weekend which was or indeed would have been a week before...whereapon a cold and inhospitable place would have greeted him (he would have ended up in Singleton). Plans being changed as we read..see you lot 7-8 nov.

dr k

the elusive kurtz may have been even more so this year

K- Will remember my Kanberra soujourn in luie of B&T - Rocks Brewing out of the game, too much to do with our Venue in the Rocks opening in the next 3 months with test batches and scaled up versions to crank out pre-opening... pub opening as soon as Licensing completed ... Giddy-Up!

The most positive thing for B&T is that it will not be 4c and sleeting as it did in Kanberra ... **** it was cold the other week ...

Scotty

Cmon Scotty
With the weather being all over the shop like it has been lately, how do you know it wont be 4C and sleeting? :lol:
T
Edit: Sorry to see that you wont be there, but good luck with getting your venue up and running.

Oh only just found the thread for B+T.

Looking forward to some onf the info sessions, will be good to catch up with the HAG'ers I recognise, it's been way too long.

I think Leeboy is coming, but he just had his second son (well, his wife did) so I'm not sure now.

I wish I wasn't so lazy sometimes, I would have loved to put something together for the MHB tent, well done Mark for getting it organsied so the brewing community can showcase how good it can be.

Cmon Scotty
With the weather being all over the shop like it has been lately, how do you know it wont be 4C and sleeting? :lol:
T
Edit: Sorry to see that you wont be there, but good luck with getting your venue up and running.

4C and sleeting would top my -6C and snowing. I'm currently in Boseman Montana knocking back a Sierra Nevada Anniversary Ale hoping I can get to Idaho Falls in tomorrow.

I'll be at B&T on the Sunday if the snow stops

daniel

Sunday for us too

It was definitely the pick of the 2 days last year. Much more relaxed and laid back.

Sat seemed a lot busier with queues several people deep at the popular taps and little if any time to talk to the exhibitors/brewers.

Looks like a good line up of offerings this year too.

Latest posts

Back