Bitter & Twisted 2009

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think they are 100ml tastings. Cbf finding the link on the website that says it, but I am fairly sure it was. Or maybe that was for the Canberra one. Now I have confused myself. Still, a buck a go is not bad for a taste.

[quote name='O'Henry' post='524686' date='Sep 22 2009, 06:45 AM']I think they are 100ml tastings. Cbf finding the link on the website that says it, but I am fairly sure it was. Or maybe that was for the Canberra one. Now I have confused myself. Still, a buck a go is not bad for a taste.[/quote]

so after your 5 free tasting beers are out its only $1 to sample?

I believe so. Avialable in books of 5 or ten. You should check the website though as I have been looking at too many beer websites and am sure to have gotten confused. I'd do it myself but dialup is a bitch...

Bitter and Twisted is more than a beer festival. Theres also a bunch of music, and all round love-in. (well the last point is stretching it).

Of all the trade things I get to, this is the best one by means of the niceness and behavior of the crowd, setting and organisation. Folks are there for an alround good time, and the music helps to round out the day, rather than being a huge booze-on.

Scotty

From the website:

"Bitter & Twisted tokens are a most valuable unit of currency during the Bitter & Twisted Festival.1 token is equal to $1.00 and tokens can be purchased throughout the site over the weekend in
$5.00 lots.

When purchasing beer.....

One token will get you a 100ml tasting of your chosen beer with two tokens making a 200ml tasting, a full Bitter & Twisted tasting glass."

Warners at the bay is better for the money $30 bucks 6 hours of straight up tasting, compared to say the $30 ticket into maitland gaol allows 5 beers...but in saying that I have never been to bitter n twisted so does anyone know if those 5 beers are schooners or half a plastic cup like at warners at the bay?
warners at the bay is the "annual boutigue beer festival" all though the entertainment is not thier is value for money on the drinking side......
anyway to the question of the thread? I am a maybe!

If you haven't been don't bag it :p standing around in a bottlo or a pub or wherever the tasting is held is a bit different to a festival at maitland gaol :) a ticket per taste gets you I forget, 100 or 150ml or something

Wife and I have decided to splash out on VIP tickets for the Saturday, we'll be staying in Maitland on the Fri and Sat nights....

VIP_txt.jpg

I want to know what's in the VIP area...

I'll be there.

devo I brough this up here a little while ago - apparently there wasn't even officially one last year. On the phone they said there isn't one this year either, but there could be something small and unofficial again - havent heard anything yet.

Still havnt seen any feedback sheets from this either <_<

Hopefully I will be at this years fest also. Should be a good weekend.

Maybe by "unofficial" they mean, we will take entries, we will take your money, we will drink your beer but we won't send any feedback

Kabooby :)

Bitter and Twisted is more than a beer festival. Theres also a bunch of music, and all round love-in. (well the last point is stretching it).

Of all the trade things I get to, this is the best one by means of the niceness and behavior of the crowd, setting and organisation. Folks are there for an alround good time, and the music helps to round out the day, rather than being a huge booze-on.

Scotty

well said. can't really compare it to the warners one. hell, i can go to WATB any day of the week and buy better beer than what would be available at the festival anyway.

as an aside, any out-of-towners cocming to newcastle for B+T should consider getting to WATB if they don't have a good bottle near them normally (no affiliation). great range of stuff including rogue, mikkeller, cantillon etc. as well as hard-to-get aussies.

Me and the missus will be there. Saturday most likely

hell, i can go to WATB any day of the week and buy better beer than what would be available at the festival anyway.

that's a pretty bold statement, especially for someone who's never been to the festival <_<

that's a pretty bold statement, especially for someone who's never been to the festival <_<

wat.

i have been to both b&t's and enjoyed both of them which i thought was conveyed in my post. wouldn't have thought it to be such a bold statement at all really anyway.

wat.

i have been to both b&t's and enjoyed both of them which i thought was conveyed in my post. wouldn't have thought it to be such a bold statement at all really anyway.

oops sorry thought you were someone else.

I just reckon its a bold statement saying that you can walk into watb and buy something there better than anything any of the aussie micros will be showcasing at the beer festival.

edit: just to clarify, i didn't mean it as a personal attack or anything, which is how it mightve come across, it just struck me as a big statement - i mean, what anyone thinks is better is all opinion anyway.

oops sorry thought you were someone else.

I just reckon its a bold statement saying that you can walk into watb and buy something there better than anything any of the aussie micros will be showcasing at the beer festival.

edit: just to clarify, i didn't mean it as a personal attack or anything, which is how it mightve come across, it just struck me as a big statement - i mean, what anyone thinks is better is all opinion anyway.

fair enough. i understand what you are saying and i don't want to seem like i'm having a go at aussie micro's (and obviously i'm looking forward to any special ones keith and shawn have in store for us), but i still stand by my statement :) what i'm trying to say is that b+t is fun for things other than just the beer.

Some of you blokes are kind of forgetting this is an A class beer & music festival - it aint claiming to be anything other than a place to hear great sounds, drink some good beer and MEET GOOD PEOPLE ! Go back to some earlier threads - this is about a good time .. its not claiming to be the best time ever, offering the greatest beers ever .. its about the fun, the CRAIC as the Irish put it. Leave your pretentions at the gaol gates ! If you can, come along .. we'll organise at least one AHB drink session .. somewhere .. if you can't / won't come, so be it. No need to tell the world, okay !

we'll organise at least one AHB drink session .. somewhere .

Can anyone suggest a local pub nearby where we could all meet up for dinner and some beers on either Friday or Saturday night...

Either that or make all AHB members wear overly loud Hawaiian shirts :p

Can anyone suggest a local pub nearby where we could all meet up for dinner and some beers on either Friday or Saturday night...

or our green shirts ! Organise this closer to event, but great idea !

Hi B&T Brewers,

I am organising the HomeBrew sessions and would like to hear from people intending to visit what sorts of things you would like to see in a 20 minute info-session ?

We usually have sessions of materials, processes and general Q&A.

Thanks
Dave

I lack said green shirt.....

I vote overly loud Hawaiian shirts, hell, we're all there for a good time, who cares if we look a bit odd.

Plus, it will leave those who aren't from AHB wondering why there are these groups of people in bright shirts milling about..

Latest posts

Back