Beersmith 2.0 Available For Pre-order

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Done deal - $16.38 and more time spent staring at my computer lost in brewing thoughts!!!!

Cant wait!

I asked the same question and got this:

Hi,
No it won't - it is designed for Mac OSX (Intel/10.5/Lion or higher).

I'm going to start looking at the iPad OS once I recover from the release!

Cheers!

ahh that was your post then, it helped. have to admit its good brad responds to the demands of the users

All it will do is allow you to control your pc/mac via your ipad/andrioid. It is just a fancy remote desktop program.

All it will do is allow you to control your pc/mac via your ipad/andrioid. It is just a fancy remote desktop program.

Wouldnt it be stand alone on the Ipad?
I just want it on my ipad so I can just have it in the brew house while brewing or play with it while at the LHBS

Wouldnt it be stand alone on the Ipad?
I just want it on my ipad so I can just have it in the brew house while brewing or play with it while at the LHBS

Yeah im guessing if he is developing for the ipad it will be standalone. I was responding to Florian (should have quoted) which was that for the time being you could use a remote desktop app on your ipad to at least use it over your wifi at home but not as a standalone application.

Yeah im guessing if he is developing for the ipad it will be standalone. I was responding to Florian (should have quoted) which was that for the time being you could use a remote desktop app on your ipad to at least use it over your wifi at home but not as a standalone application.

mate that would be perfect for me as well, I could use it over wifi in the brewshed. Any chance you could point me in the right direction on how to learn to set that up?

mate that would be perfect for me as well, I could use it over wifi in the brewshed. Any chance you could point me in the right direction on how to learn to set that up?

I personally use LogMeIn Ignition but the cost can turn people away. There are cheaper alternatives such as Slashtop (which is on sale cheap atm). You basically choose a remote connection app for your ipad/iphone and then install a program on your computer/mac (from the website of the program you choose) which will allow you to connect from the ipad/iphone to your computer/mac and remotely control it as if you where sitting at your computer. Obviously this will mean your computer/mac will have to be on and dedicated to your use otherwise someone else using the computer will be annoyed when you start mucking around with it.

Hopefully that makes sense if not drop me a PM and ill try and help more.

I personally use LogMeIn Ignition but the cost can turn people away. There are cheaper alternatives such as Slashtop (which is on sale cheap atm). You basically choose a remote connection app for your ipad/iphone and then install a program on your computer/mac (from the website of the program you choose) which will allow you to connect from the ipad/iphone to your computer/mac and remotely control it as if you where sitting at your computer. Obviously this will mean your computer/mac will have to be on and dedicated to your use otherwise someone else using the computer will be annoyed when you start mucking around with it.

Hopefully that makes sense if not drop me a PM and ill try and help more.
Cheers i'll check it out

Chalky, you got ripped. I only payed $16.38 :D

Got the Aussie Vs US dollar at a slightly better time.

Drew

I got it for $16.25 yesty arvo/night. :p

Looking forward to the release this weekend. B)

Can't be serious, just checked and I bought my key on the 14th feb.
If I was you I would send an email to Brad and see what he says.

damn, got mine for ~$22 today

mine is a fresh key, though not an upgrade

You would've been better of at Craftbrewer, they sell new keys for $19.95 on special.

Anyone know where to find your Beersmith key? :unsure:

Is it in the 'keys' file in Beersmith like this?

[BeerSmith]
key0=12345
key1=12345
key2=12345
key3=12345

And do I just put all those twenty numbers in?

From the website:

If you dont have your key handy, you can get your key by selecting the Enter Registration Key command on the Help menu in your existing BeerSmith 1.4 installation. This will display your current key.

Was super keen for Beersmith till a seen it didn't have iphone connectivity. going beer alchemy now due to that.

Received an email from Brad Smith today. Looking forward to testing the new version!

Screwy

just did my pre oreder upgrade for 16 bucks! now all i need to do is fing something on the computer to occupy me for 1 day, 4 hours, 49 minutes and 17 seconds until it is released

Latest posts

Back