Beersmith 2.0 Available For Pre-order

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No good. When you copy the file then right click on Mash Profiles there is no paste function, actually there are no functions at all.

Cheers, Hoges.

No good. When you copy the file then right click on Mash Profiles there is no paste function, actually there are no functions at all.

Cheers, Hoges.
No right click available, use the Paste button just under the Home tab near the top left of the window.

OK, got it now. Thanks Nige.

Cheers. Hoges.

Downloaded, installed and customed. Looks great!

It also continues to work out of dropbox too!

Yippee!!!! :D

I see a few of my best recipes in there too, fame :lol:

Nev
GB

Just found one of them. I see a couple of the Coopers Clones I'm going to have to try.
How does one find his recipes on the Beersmith website? Did Brad come to you or does he just love your work ;)

Just found one of them. I see a couple of the Coopers Clones I'm going to have to try.
How does one find his recipes on the Beersmith website? Did Brad come to you or does he just love your work ;)

GB's fame is worldwide :)

It is great to see a strong recognition of Australian brewers like Andrew, Mark and GB. The new version of BS2 is great to use. There are many major improvements or tools that look the same but with minor changes that make a big improvement to use. I particularly like the subtle changes made to the Water profiler tool compared to BS1

Steve

downloaded. although my old 'brewputer' wont run 2.0 so its on my work lap top and home 'puter Will have to find another use in the brewery for the old laptop now...

Dr Smuto's Golden Ale has made it into the included recipe databse as a BIAB examlpe !!!

Many thanks to Dr Smurto, NRB, hashie, Gryphon Brewing*, and LloydieP for allowing their recipes to be used under the BIABrewer.info name in BeerSmith2. Recipes such as DrSmurto's can be simply changed to your equipment set-up (BIAB or traditional) by using the 'Scale Recipe' button.

I've started a 'How to Use' thread for BIAB'ers here and suggest they follow that as posts will be continually added there. 'How to' info gets under way in Post #4.

BeerSmith2 is far superior to 1 with several old 'issues' fixed and improved mathematics. Only one area I can see is not entirely intuitive but a little study will soon solve this and I'll post on this in the linked thread during the next week.

Congratulations to Brad - the guy who never sleeps! It's a very powerful program. Two AHB members (maybe more?) are listed as major contributors - AndrewQLD and Chiller. Top job!

:icon_cheers:
Pat

* Did not have time to do a BIABrewer.info recipe add-on for this release but they will be included in the first upgrade. Apologies to Nev and others that I did not get all of them in - many are best of show's so thanks again.

How do I get beersmith to show/calculate the strike water temperature (water temp before adding grains)?
In the brew steps I can only see the temperature I should mash at?

Sorry if this is obvious, have only just started using it and couldnt find an answer in the forums / help videos etc.

Anyone got it running under Wine yet?

No biggie, but I was hoping for a supplier column in the grain section... so you could sort grains by Weyermann, TF, BB etc.. Maybe something for Beersmith 3.0

Anyone got it running under Wine yet?

To run BS2 under wine download this file vcredist_x86.exe [about 1.7mb]

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/deta...;displaylang=en

Install this file before you try to run the BS installer

When installed ---- Run the the BS2 installer with Wine.

Enjoy.

Steve

PS there are a few small issues running under Wine but I have used it exclusively under Wine on my Laptop and Desktop for a few months now and it is very stable.

issues -- Don't try to click and hold to drag tabs this will lock up Wine and you will need to kill Wine.

Printing. BS2 internally links to IE [I believe] and while you can install IE with Wine for some reason IE doesn't appear to be seen by BS2 so brewsheets etc. don't print via the Brewsheet button. Brad has provided a save to .html function so you can then save to your Beersmith folder which is in your home folder [I created a "Recipe Printout" folder] load he saved file using the browser of your choice. I have found Konqueror has the best printout for me.

There may be other small issues but considering the program is designed for Windows and runs 99% perfect under Wine in Linux I'm well pleased.

I run the latest PCLinuxOS but also tested with Ubuntu 10 and 11. I did find Ubuntu 11 to be fairly buggy when first released but it has had many routine updates since then so probably like all the linux versions is now very stable.

Steve

No biggie, but I was hoping for a supplier column in the grain section... so you could sort grains by Weyermann, TF, BB etc.. Maybe something for Beersmith 3.0
schooey...

1. Open up the 'Grain' window.
2. Now, in the folder view pane on the left, click on 'View'
3. Click 'Customize Columns'
4. Add or remove fields such as 'Supplier' and move up or down to where you want them.
5. Click 'Set Default Report' (just above 'Customize Columns')

Job done!

To run BS2 under wine download this file vcredist_x86.exe [about 1.7mb]

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/deta...;displaylang=en

Install this file before you try to run the BS installer

When installed ---- Run the the BS2 installer with Wine.

Enjoy.

Steve

PS there are a few small issues running under Wine but I have used it exclusively under Wine on my Laptop and Desktop for a few months now and it is very stable.

issues -- Don't try to click and hold to drag tabs this will lock up Wine and you will need to kill Wine.

Printing. BS2 internally links to IE [I believe] and while you can install IE with Wine for some reason IE doesn't appear to be seen by BS2 so brewsheets etc. don't print via the Brewsheet button. Brad has provided a save to .html function so you can then save to your Beersmith folder which is in your home folder [I created a "Recipe Printout" folder] load he saved file using the browser of your choice. I have found Konqueror has the best printout for me.

There may be other small issues but considering the program is designed for Windows and runs 99% perfect under Wine in Linux I'm well pleased.

I run the latest PCLinuxOS but also tested with Ubuntu 10 and 11. I did find Ubuntu 11 to be fairly buggy when first released but it has had many routine updates since then so probably like all the linux versions is now very stable.

Steve

Excellent work, Steve.

Can confirm that this method works on Ubuntu 10.04

I only started using Beersmith 1.0 this year and I cant recommend it enough.

Downloaded BS 2.0 this morning, Looks great. cant wait to get stuck in and check out all the new features tonight after work.

Thank you to all the guys that helped with Beersmith 2.0

Thanks, Steve! Should be a big help.

All of my headings seem to be squashed up. I'm running Windows 7. Anyone else have this problem?

Nah I got windows 7 on the lappy & seems fine. Only issue I had was it wouldn't let me save it on the same path as BS1.4, I just put it on a different USB & my recipes copied over

Back