Beersmith 1.4 Released

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sure that's what it's meant to mean in beersmith, but I'm not so sure that's what the unit really means. centi is usually used to signify 1/100. cm = one 100th of a meter, aka 10 mm. cl = one 100th of a litre, aka 10ml.

the kilogram is the ******* child of the SI system, as it's a base unit that already has a 10^3 prefix on it. 100g, according to wikipedia's writeup on SI prefixes, should really be a hectogram (or perhaps a deci-kilogram if you make up compound prefixes)... but nobody would know what the hell it was then.

Sorry Lucas, my Bad, slipped Centi in there with Centum. It belongs with Milli, Micro, Nano, Pico, Femto, Atto etc.

Cheers,

Screwy

Someone here might know, I dont have the internet at home but want to get beersmith, would I be able to get a friend to download it for me and get it off of them via memory stick? Or is there something built into beersmith that will prevent me doing this?

Someone here might know, I dont have the internet at home but want to get beersmith, would I be able to get a friend to download it for me and get it off of them via memory stick? Or is there something built into beersmith that will prevent me doing this?

Reviled there wouldn't be a problem for you here. You can get a copy of Beersmith from anyone, however you like, the source of it doesn't matter so a mate with Net access is fine. The main issue is getting a "key" from Brad Smith which most do on the Net then applying it to the Beersmith program to register it. That unique rego code is yours and shouldn't be shared.

Cheerz Wabster

Reviled there wouldn't be a problem for you here. You can get a copy of Beersmith from anyone, however you like, the source of it doesn't matter so a mate with Net access is fine. The main issue is getting a "key" from Brad Smith which most do on the Net then applying it to the Beersmith program to register it. That unique rego code is yours and shouldn't be shared.

Cheerz Wabster

So the key is pretty much what youre paying for to enable the software to work? :huh:

Like Wabz said but I'm sure he would be able to work something out via another inbox or something maybe if you dont have your own email addy.

On a separate subject, this program is awesome. Now have it on my thumb drive so I can use it wherever I may be. Have a the brewery laptop, but do most of my work on my desktop. Can't imagine how I was before it!

EDIT: Yeah the software you can get from the site, it is a trial version, once you get the key and enter it, it becomes fully functional (although actually I think it already is, just time restricted until registration)

Back