Beersmith 1.4 Released

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The calendar shows the times set in the recipe..

If its the "Ageing" bar thats annoying (was for me) double click on the bar in the calendar which will open up the recipe then down the bottom change your ageing time from 4 weeks (i think 4 weeks is the default) to zero.. or whatever you like.. and it will change the calendar accordingly..

Nothing lasts long enough around here to age.. :D

Hope that helps...

Sqyre..

Thanks Bruce, but I have about 6 beers all overlapping in some way, fermentation, ageing etc so it shows nothing in the day box other than "More". Pity the way it's set up as the beer that is current (brewed today) is last on the list in the window below when I click on today's date.

Thanks,

Screwy

Two questions please:

1. How do you change the US date default to our Aussie style.

2. Is the recipe contents pricing set to US or AUS dollars.

Cheers, Hoges.

Thanks Bruce, but I have about 6 beers all overlapping in some way, fermentation, ageing etc so it shows nothing in the day box other than "More". Pity the way it's set up as the beer that is current (brewed today) is last on the list in the window below when I click on today's date.

Thanks,

Screwy

Screwy,
Have you tried expanding the calendar view by clicking and dragging the bottom of the window down, that should enlarge the view.

Cheers
Andrew

Two questions please:

1. How do you change the US date default to our Aussie style.

2. Is the recipe contents pricing set to US or AUS dollars.
Cheers, Hoges.

1. I think you will find the date defaults to your windows settings, mine uses the standard dd/mm/yyyy and appears that way in BeerSmith.

2. U.S or AUS dollars makes no difference within the program.

Cheers
Andrew

Screwy,
Have you tried expanding the calendar view by clicking and dragging the bottom of the window down, that should enlarge the view.

Cheers
Andrew

Sorry Screwtop, I have just had a closer look at your problem, it seems the calander view is limited to showing 3 actions/entries per day if you are also showing aging and fermenting brews.
But if you hide the fermentation period and aging period in the calendar options window it will show more recipes in the day fields.
I think the idea is to use the calendar options tab to select the info you want to show ie fermenting brews or beers being brewed but not necessarily all at the same time.
Cheers
Andrew

Screwy,

Cheers
Andrew

BINGO, spot on Andrew, seems with 7 brews current I'd need to expand quite a bit.
Beersmith_Calendar.JPG Beersmith_Calendar_exp.JPG

Thanks,

Screwy

Hi Mercs O

I have previously added the BB grains to my BeerSmith grains file in C:/program files.

View attachment Grain.bsm

Drop the attached grain file (149k) into your BeerSmith folder after renaming it <grain2>

Open it in BeerSmith and see how the content compares to what you have.

If you are happy that it contains more than your current grain file then make it the primary grain file and delete the old one.

Hope this helps.

Cheers, Hoges.

Hi Mercs O

I have previously added the BB grains to my BeerSmith grains file in C:/program files.

View attachment 14235

Drop the attached grain file (149k) into your BeerSmith folder after renaming it <grain2>

Open it in BeerSmith and see how the content compares to what you have.

If you are happy that it contains more than your current grain file then make it the primary grain file and delete the old one.

Hope this helps.
Cheers, Hoges.

Hoges, thanks for you help. You are repling to a post I removed from here as I found the other post that was more directly linked to my question. My grain and hop files are all up to date what I am wanting to do is add the specialty grains and malts ie weyermann/barret/jo white etc into my default grain.bsm

If you know how to do that would you mind repling to me on the other post as we should keep that on topic.

Thanks man!

Has anyone had a go at customising their brewsheet using the 'new brewsheet' selection from the drop down box in the tool bar.

BeerSmith says: Many have asked for the ability to customize the step-by-step brewsheet so you can include your own formats or steps in your brewing process. The new brewsheet titled New Brewsheet on the format dropdown is fully customizable. See the custom reports page for more information on how to use the standard templates to create your own custom reports.

I can't seem to get to first base with this. Can anyone give me a few pointers on how to proceed and the steps to take.?

Cheers, Hoges.

I just ordered my own copy!

:icon_chickcheers:

Mrs Sqyre :icon_cheers:

Finally decided to buy this myself. Only wish I knew there was a $5 discount 7 months ago. But with the dollar the way it is, it was reasonably cheap....

Cheers

HK

Being a programmer myself, marketing and selling my own software (in a completely different field) and looking at the amount of work that has gone into this product I must say it's an amazingly low price. Sure there are areas that can be improved but for $20 it's a great deal. Hope it's worth while for them to continue to develop it.

I purchased it myself a couple of weeks ago and it's $20 well spent.

Hope it's worth while for them to continue to develop it.

There are fairly frequent updates, all free. My feeling is that it's more a labour of love for Brad who developed this than anything strictly commercial. :beer: to him.

He is quick to help out with problems and advice.

I lost my key recently and Brad managed to find it and I purchased mine in early 2006 /I thought that was pretty good.

I think it is a great product for the price and have a lot of fun with it . I like playing with the water profiler , Its a puzzle machine with a purpose (maybe Ive been away too long) :D

Rich

I think it is an essential bit if kit for any brewer, and for AG brewers it will be the cheapest and most valuable bit if kit u will ever own.

Steve

where can i find .bsm files for aussie ingredients, i did a quick search on here and cam up with nothing.

Brad's service and support is brilliant!
I had a problem with the latest upgrade and lost all my recipes. I know I should have taken a backup but I got lazy....

Brad took my files and restored them all, in the process finding that there was a bug, so he was happy, and I was happy :)

I think this is the best tool for extract brewers for certain. For AG it is still brilliant but I'm sure promash has its good points too. For extract though, beersmith all the way...

Brad's service and support is brilliant!
I had a problem with the latest upgrade and lost all my recipes. I know I should have taken a backup but I got lazy....

Brad took my files and restored them all, in the process finding that there was a bug, so he was happy, and I was happy :)

I think this is the best tool for extract brewers for certain. For AG it is still brilliant but I'm sure promash has its good points too. For extract though, beersmith all the way...

Thanks for the reminder BEFORE upgrading. ;)

Thanks for the reminder BEFORE upgrading. ;)

Hello all,
Yes, I always recommend making a backup first.

BTW - Not sure if you saw the latest BeerSmith update, but we added equal runnings batch sparging (a much demanded feature) and also the BJCP 2008 style guide. Available on the web site: http://beersmith.com

I'm still looking for a volunteer to enter the Australian style guide. Drop me an email if interested.

Cheers!
Brad

Back