Beersmith 1.4 Released

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Be sure to save (export) your recipes, hops and grain etc etc... as mine didnt carry over...!

I like BU:GU

I'm not saying anything, kong.
nono.gif
wicked.gif

I'm not saying anything, kong.
nono.gif
wicked.gif

:lol: never fear i had exported everything, so all is fine. I just wanted to reiterate, so others didnt lose info.

I like the "costing" section, i'm going to set everything a few bob less than actual price. Will come in handy at times when i have to defend this joyful hobby to the missus..!! ;)

Who's been able to use the Calendar, when I started the new version it came up with a few recipes of mine in the Calendar with ageing times(green bar), can't seem to delete them or add others for a schedule. Back to playing with it.

Who's been able to use the Calendar, when I started the new version it came up with a few recipes of mine in the Calendar with ageing times, can't seem to delete them or add others for a schedule. Back to playing with it.

You need to set your calendar options, click on the calendar options tab from within the calendar view.

Cheers
Andrew

You need to set your calendar options, click on the calendar options tab from within the calendar view.

Cheers
Andrew

I managed that one. Did you see anywhere an option for not including recipes in the calendar?

I don't see myself using it that much anyway but I would like to exclude all my recipes that I am working on.

I know I could set the date to something way ahead or behind but I'd prefer a checkbox...

On my computer at home it all loaded fine and carried all existing info to the upgrade. But on my work computer it asked me for my key numbers and I lost all existing info. A bit odd.

I managed that one. Did you see anywhere an option for not including recipes in the calendar?

I don't see myself using it that much anyway but I would like to exclude all my recipes that I am working on.

I know I could set the date to something way ahead or behind but I'd prefer a checkbox...

If you tick all the boxes in the "display recipes on calendar" section of the calendar options screen none of your recipes should show.

Cheers
Andrew

On my computer at home it all loaded fine and carried all existing info to the upgrade. But on my work computer it asked me for my key numbers and I lost all existing info. A bit odd.

Hmmm, i had to enter my purchase key too..!!!!
did others (who's settings carried over) not have to do this..?

No. Didn't need to enter my code. I was expecting to have to search the house for it, but I was lucky. :D Maybe there's some reason Beersmith doesn't trust you, kong. :lol:

my recipes etc did carry over, but i did have to re enter the code...hmmm strange.

If you tick all the boxes in the "display recipes on calendar" section of the calendar options screen none of your recipes should show.

Cheers
Andrew

Yes, but I'd like exclude specific ones that aren't actually beers/fermenting yet, just plans/pipedreams...

No. Didn't need to enter my code. I was expecting to have to search the house for it, but I was lucky. :D Maybe there's some reason Beersmith doesn't trust you, kong. :lol:

my recipes etc did carry over, but i did have to re enter the code...hmmm strange.

Hmmm, maybe it has more to do, with the method used to get the update. "self extracting" was blocked when i tried, so i used the "http" method. :unsure:

Yes, but I'd like exclude specific ones that aren't actually beers/fermenting yet, just plans/pipedreams...

i know you mentioned it earlier, but i have a seperate folder for "future" brews, each brew in that folder is currently 'planned for brewing in 2008, that way it doesnt get tied up in current lists etc. Then i just change the date when i go to brew it and move it into my recipes folder proper.

Hmmm, maybe it has more to do, with the method used to get the update. "self extracting" was blocked when i tried, so i used the "http" method. :unsure:
i know you mentioned it earlier, but i have a seperate folder for "future" brews, each brew in that folder is currently 'planned for brewing in 2008, that way it doesnt get tied up in current lists etc. Then i just change the date when i go to brew it and move it into my recipes folder proper.

Also if you leave the "brewer" field blank in your recipe and then select "hide all recipes where I am not the brewer" check box in the calendar options the recipe won't appear in the calender either.

Cheers
Andrew

Good tip... ta.
still the only thing missing for me, is a way to show that the recipe has been removed from inventory.! For now i just type it into notes, but a proper icon or the likes would be better.

Got it! Depending on where you save the Beersmith file or where you extract it from will depend on weather or not u need to add your purchase number in again. On my computer at home I save the new downloaded file into my beersmith folder in "program files", then extraced it and everything went fine.
Where at work I saved it outside the old beersmith folder and it treats it like a new setup.
So make sure u save the downloaded file in the old beersmith file and just let it overwrite the old one called "beersmith exe" or rename it to beersmith 1.4. Eitherway you can delete them and the installer file once up and running.

Steve

I think I will brush the calender for now.

Still can't figure this calendar :angry:

The calendar shows the times set in the recipe..

If its the "Ageing" bar thats annoying (was for me) double click on the bar in the calendar which will open up the recipe then down the bottom change your ageing time from 4 weeks (i think 4 weeks is the default) to zero.. or whatever you like.. and it will change the calendar accordingly..

Nothing lasts long enough around here to age.. :D

Hope that helps...

Sqyre..

Back