Beer Labels And Logos

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My first batch to have labels.

w214wi.jpg

Hope to get a few bottles with labels on soon and have a little group shot.

Tap label a friend did for me, with brief from me, for my American IPA that will be on tap at Archive in West End as part of a homebrew competition I was one of the winners of.
Final shades and colours may be slight different, the red may be a little redder...
Opinions won't offend me but it isn't going to change ;)

View attachment 47862

:icon_offtopic:

My apologies for the off topic post but does anyone have Franko's email addy? If so could you please PM it to me, thanks

Brewing this on the weekend, recipe is s̶t̶o̶l̶e̶n̶ inspired by j1gsaw's - Heavy Scottish Wedding Ale with a few changes.
dxjo6w.jpg

The alcohol content will probably change but that's what Beersmith is telling me ATM

After a long absence from this forum, I forgot that this thread was one of my favourites....and still is.

Some fantastic looking labels! Now that I am back brewing again, I will be getting back into labels. Still only have the one generic (in my signature) but think individual labels for each brew is sexeh.

Photoshop and Illustrator are going to get a workout at home as well as at work now! :)

Ive looked at his thread on and off over the past months and today was inspired to download Gimp...I have no idea wtf Im doing and the online tutorial probably just served to confuse me further :huh: . Had a fiddle with an image I wanted to use in a label and and 2 hours later shut the whole thing down in frustration... :angry:

will have to give it another shot when Ive got free time cos I reckon some of the labels Ive seen are awesome and I want one or five for myself!!! But there is nothing intuitive about that software...or maybe Im a complete Gimp :( ...is that why they call it that? a private joke on people who dont understand dialogs and docks and channels and paths???...

maybe I should stick to Beer labelizer but the results are lame and dont allow me to get out the ideas in my head. Sorry for the rant, just annoyed at wasted time and disappointed at my own gimpness....aah well, Ill have another beer and all will be good in the world again! :drinks:

Get into it, its good fun!

There's lots of books at the library & some decent magazines at the newsagent these days, I find Corel Draw and Photoshop the most usefull... Though I also use Signlab 5 for working on the vector side of things.

Haha nice pic

Gotta love dog mentality, ooooh water!! bite-bite-bite-spew... bite-bite-bite-spew... repeat :lol:

Will be pitching a couple of FWKs over the weekend... need some new labels for the decals;
Nelson_Summer_Lager_01.png

Vienna_Lager_01.png

Thanks mate... Illustrator CS5 mainly... with the very occasional use of Photoshop CS5. Illustrator is much better for graphic design.

I was feeling lazy and decided to repurpose a couple of labels

A couple of recent tap labels. (brews still to be kegged)
Illustrator for everything except photo work.

ChocCoffeePorter2_01.jpg I_Pee_Aye__01.jpg

More on my blog which is in my sig block for those interested.

For the next batch (when I can find the damned time!)

317fu4x.jpg

A stone and wood clone for the hot weather

Spotted Batz's label on the back of a Ford Focus this morning. looked a little faded, but still cool :)

Back