Beer Labels And Logos

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got the second half of the Brown Ale Double Batch cold conditioning now... ready for packaging in the next week - Northern English Brown.

Northern_Brown.jpg

Here is the latest for a bottle conditioned bass clone more to come.The small label is for a collar to go around the neck of the bottle.

Here is the latest for a bottle conditioned bass clone more to come.The small label is for a collar to go around the neck of the bottle.
Love the label, and just bottled up a personalised label to send down to you my wetback south of the border mate...I just hope you drink red?

Here's some labels that a mate of mine mocked up for me...he's in design and marketing, so that was a real help...

The labels are just examples as you will note that the ingredients listed are the same over the three different examples...

The ideas for the names come from Mountain ranges close to where we brew. The Kaimai Pale Ale will eventually be brewed with Spring Water from the source in the Kaimai ranges.

ProductBranding.jpg

Whilst Im only pretty new to brewing and only doing extract atm...will get some of these printed up I think, will look good on the swing top 750s I've got.

Cheers

I think this American Brown is gonna be pretty shit.

View attachment 45808

:icon_offtopic:

Ha, Classic!

A couple of years ago, a few of my mates put together a basketball team called the Cleveland Steamers. It was in D Grade (drinking grade, esky in the car park standard).

We each had names on the back of our gurnseys about shit. My alias was Ghostie, but we also had a Teflon, Squeeky, etc...

Had heaps of fun, but yeah, we were pretty shit....

Here's some labels that a mate of mine mocked up for me...he's in design and marketing, so that was a real help...

The labels are just examples as you will note that the ingredients listed are the same over the three different examples...

The ideas for the names come from Mountain ranges close to where we brew. The Kaimai Pale Ale will eventually be brewed with Spring Water from the source in the Kaimai ranges.

Whilst Im only pretty new to brewing and only doing extract atm...will get some of these printed up I think, will look good on the swing top 750s I've got.

Cheers

My rude opinion is that the logo is great but does not incorporate into the label well. The labels needs spicing up a bit too. Why not have the two islands as a washout background picture behind all of the text?
What if you called it "Man Salts Brewery Co" Rdrr, Nah seriously you could get naughty like that.
Maybe since the text is sloped down to the left, slope the top of the head to the right so everything is titled/askew?

My rude opinion is that the logo is great but does not incorporate into the label well. The labels needs spicing up a bit too. Why not have the two islands as a washout background picture behind all of the text?
What if you called it "Man Salts Brewery Co" Rdrr, Nah seriously you could get naughty like that.
Maybe since the text is sloped down to the left, slope the top of the head to the right so everything is titled/askew?

I might cause a stir with this response, but...
Thanks for your feedback...not sure I put them up there for your negative comments, but your entitled to your opinion...
Perhaps keep your rude opinion and maybe comment if you like it, if you dont, skip to the next post that tickles your fancy.
I like them, because they are original..not copying any thing else out there. They incorporate places that are local and relevant to me and I make extract kits for a hobbie, not so I can mainstream them so everyone likes them.
Perhaps I could redo the label so that it follows what you would like...Do you want to re-design it for me?

ProductBranding.jpg

Cheers

Looks like you must be a Matamata boy.remind me of the Moa beer labels a little dont be to cross bro i think he was just trying to help you out

Looks like you must be a Matamata boy.remind me of the Moa beer labels a little dont be to cross bro i think he was just trying to help you out

Cheers bro, from the Waikato...
Helping out or rude opinions aside...I like them, posted them for that reason.

I might cause a stir with this response, but...
Thanks for your feedback...not sure I put them up there for your negative comments, but your entitled to your opinion...
Perhaps keep your rude opinion and maybe comment if you like it, if you dont, skip to the next post that tickles your fancy.
I like them, because they are original..not copying any thing else out there. They incorporate places that are local and relevant to me and I make extract kits for a hobbie, not so I can mainstream them so everyone likes them.
Perhaps I could redo the label so that it follows what you would like...Do you want to re-design it for me?
Yes you have rubbed me the wrong way as did I to you apparently.
I apologise if my implied vulgarity in relation to your username caused offence. That is where my apology begins and ends.

Perhaps you have not read many of the pages of this thread topic but quite commonly people make a few comments on what they like about a label/logo and often add a few suggestions on how they think such labels/logos might well be improved. Is that not what I did? Sometimes folks take some suggestions on board and make a few changes and if they like them they may adopt them, if not they discard those suggestions. If you interpret feedback as negative then your perception is skewed.

If you simply wanted people to say, 'yeah that label is shit hot' and don't really care to hear constructive feedback that may or may not be beneficial, perhaps keep your labels to yourself and skip to the next post that tickles your fancy.

If you don't wish to implement any suggestions that is up to you, no one is forcing you to do anything. I find your sarcasm and defensive stance to be an innapropriate response to someone who in good faith offered what they believed to be helpful suggestions.

I apologise if my implied vulgarity in relation to your username caused offence.
Nope, that didnt concern me at all...you've missed the mark.

Perhaps you have not read many of the pages of this thread topic but quite commonly people make a few comments on what they like about a label/logo and often add a few suggestions on how they think such labels/logos might well be improved. Is that not what I did?
Yip i've read most pages on here, and find that pretty much all are in a positive light and I really enjoy reading them. And no I believe that is not what you did. You basically told me you didnt like all of it, with the exception of the logo.

I find this forum to be great as you get great feedback from posters and get suggestions when asked for them. I didnt ask what people didnt like about the labels. This thread started with members posting their labels, with a sense of self pride. Not as a forum for people to post labels and ask "Hey, what was wrong with my label idea".

Sometimes folks take some suggestions on board and make a few changes and if they like them they may adopt them, if not they discard those suggestions. If you interpret feedback as negative then your perception is skewed.
In my opinion, your feedback was negative...there is nothing skewed about that.

If you simply wanted people to say, 'yeah that label is shit hot' and don't really care to hear constructive feedback that may or may not be beneficial, perhaps keep your labels to yourself and skip to the next post that tickles your fancy.
Why should you say that I cant post my labels in a thread designed for people to post their labels? And thats what I did.

As I said, you are entitled to your opinion, thats fine. But I took offence when you start a comment with...'My Rude Opinion'. That is all...
I will move on and get on with my life...you gave an opinion on my post, did you not expect me to provide a response?

Cheers mate, all good.

Nope, that didnt concern me at all...you've missed the mark.

Yip i've read most pages on here, and find that pretty much all are in a positive light and I really enjoy reading them. And no I believe that is not what you did. You basically told me you didnt like all of it, with the exception of the logo.

I find this forum to be great as you get great feedback from posters and get suggestions when asked for them. I didnt ask what people didnt like about the labels. This thread started with members posting their labels, with a sense of self pride. Not as a forum for people to post labels and ask "Hey, what was wrong with my label idea".

In my opinion, your feedback was negative...there is nothing skewed about that.

Why should you say that I cant post my labels in a thread designed for people to post their labels? And thats what I did.

As I said, you are entitled to your opinion, thats fine. But I took offence when you start a comment with...'My Rude Opinion'. That is all...
I will move on and get on with my life...you gave an opinion on my post, did you not expect me to provide a response?

Cheers mate, all good.

I did write a lengthy response to this since you were asking questions but I don't think I shall bother with it when this will suffice:

I tried to be helpful; I failed. You don't want help. I forgive you for being a princess.

Cheers to you also and I am most certainly not your mate, nor does you continuation of untoward behaviour make it all good.

My First dodge label from last year's Duff Darkie

DarkAleLabel.png

Not much, but it was a good way to get into GIMP and Inkscape - between them I could do the stuff that you are supposed to with the Adobe package.

Goomba

My First dodge label from last year's Duff Darkie

DarkAleLabel.png

Not much, but it was a good way to get into GIMP and Inkscape - between them I could do the stuff that you are supposed to with the Adobe package.

Goomba
Bloody hell Goomba, I almost fell on the floor trying to read that. Then I had a bright idea, turned my lappy upside down and almost dropped it into my drink!
PS... better than I can do. I'm still working with Word. (works for me at the moment).

Here's a few drafts I was working on a while ago, but lost interest after a while.

beer_labels_Collection_1_Condensed.jpg

You guys have inspired me, 4 hours on photoshop :blink: it's a bitch of a program and all those layers just confuse me, but it's a start.

oat_mild__800x600_.jpg

Andrew

4 hours well spent i'd say nice one...

Latest posts

Back