Archive Beer Boutique (brisbane)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@doc, keg hadn't been tapped yet (or the first one ran out).

Bummer, but definately want to take the missus back for Vale AIPA (that stands for Alleged IPA).

Goomba

Kris, did you find out when your pumpkin ale is hitting the taps?

Cheers Ross

Kris, did you find out when your pumpkin ale is hitting the taps?

Kris' Daft Punk Ale on tap from today! :icon_chickcheers:

I'll be heading in to try it tonight after 6:30.

Cheers,
tallie

For those who came in late, what is Doc's brewery - brewer there or owner etc? A bit out of the loop here in Banjo playin land, (and off to the Archive tomorrow.)

Edit: also heading for NSW in a couple of weeks so tastings are on the to-do list. Is Doc associated with Scotty's outfit or is that another brewery?

Ok now I'm up to speed. Hmm.. Belgian, Saison, Gose - hey Winkle do you want to come along in my hand luggage? :rolleyes:

Ok now I'm up to speed. Hmm.. Belgian, Saison, Gose - hey Winkle do you want to come along in my hand luggage? :rolleyes:

He speaks my language :icon_cheers:

Altstart or anyone else - I'll now be at the Archive on Wednesday 13 June at 1 pm, not noon (daughter's appointment got changed)

Killing some time here today between appointments myself. Rakishly handsome, black polo shirt. Say Hi.

Just sampled the Daft Pumk Ale. Very tasty, nice hint of ginger in the after taste.

Had a pint of the Pulse from the back bar today. Strong Belgian character, especially aroma wise. Hoppy, but not over the top, the hops definitely play second fiddle to the yeast character. Nice creamy body from the oatmeal as well. It's a top drop, I'll buy another one.

Sorry missed you Ash, I left home about an hour before your post. RdeVjun and I were sitting on the end of one of the long tables looking onto the street, from 1.20 to about 2.40. We had a half pint each of the Pumpkin, quite nice when it warmed up a bit, Doc's Pulse which is very well balanced with a complex hop hit up front and nice malt, and Stone and Wood Pale Pilsner which was probably not a good choice for third beer, but definitely better than a VB B)

I'd come from Ross's and dropped off the IPA competition entries, 22 bottles from presumably 11 brewers.

Never presume Bribie - I only entered one :)

Dropped in Thursday arvo for a bit of Pulse. Lovely brew that! Took a Torpedo hit amongst the samples and started listing to one side.... Somehow I made it home in one piece without sinking below the waves.

Last week with Bribie the Pulse was something to behold, Daft Punk opened my eyes up too. :icon_cheers:

Not sure if Andrew Stockdale (of Wolfmother) will be welcome back to Archive? Apologies if already posted elsewhere...

Last week with Bribie the Pulse was something to behold, Daft Punk opened my eyes up too. :icon_cheers:

Not sure if Andrew Stockdale (of Wolfmother) will be welcome back to Archive? Apologies if already posted elsewhere...

Yeah funny stuff, I wish I could've been there for that.

I'm going in tomorrow and I see that there is a blackout of the taps with heaps of stouts, porters & dark ales on tap.
I'll try not to get "Stockdale" drunk but I will be having my fair share !

Sorry missed you Ash, I left home about an hour before your post. RdeVjun and I were sitting on the end of one of the long tables looking onto the street, from 1.20 to about 2.40. We had a half pint each of the Pumpkin, quite nice when it warmed up a bit, Doc's Pulse which is very well balanced with a complex hop hit up front and nice malt, and Stone and Wood Pale Pilsner which was probably not a good choice for third beer, but definitely better than a VB B)

I'd come from Ross's and dropped off the IPA competition entries, 22 bottles from presumably 11 brewers.

No problem Bribie, I left about 1.30 anyway. I kill a couple of hours here for lunch about once a week, so another time maybe.

Somebody cocked up ! D'ja notice the misspelling ........ :lol: :lol:

Screwy

I have it on good information that a pallet of growlers has just arrived in Brisbane and will be getting filled at Archive in the very near future.

Back