Archive Beer Boutique (brisbane)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bill & myself will be there representing Bacchus Brewing Co.
We have our 10.5% Cunning Ninja's IPA & our 8.5% Hibiscus Saison on tap.
Easily identified by our Bacchus Cunning Ninja's shirts, so please make sure you say hi.

Cheers Ross

sweet as , mite have to drop in next week me thinks :) hope there will be some growlers left :eek:

Gotta get me a growler and use the Go Between on my way home on Thursday nights I think.
icon_drunk.gif

I'll be easily spottable at Armakeggon in a Sierra Nevada tye-dye t-shirt I won at a Meet the Brewer's night at the Dog & Pony Alehouse in Seattle in 2010.

Running a bit late today. Don't drink ALL the beer or buy all the growlers....

So anyone got any recommendations of beers that they tried at Armakeggon?

So anyone got any recommendations of beers that they tried at Armakeggon?

It's taken me until this morning to be able to even THINK abour beer... Some would say I overdid it, but maybe I did it just about right?

Fantastic day. Great beers. My personal highlight was the Bacchus Cunning Ninja... deadly delicious. Meeting Ross was great too, very friendly and knowledgable.

Other faves were the Mikeller 1000 IBU and the Meninskurts Scotch Ale... after that things get a little hazy.

It's taken me until this morning to be able to even THINK abour beer... Some would say I overdid it, but maybe I did it just about right?

Fantastic day. Great beers. My personal highlight was the Bacchus Cunning Ninja... deadly delicious. Meeting Ross was great too, very friendly and knowledgable.

Other faves were the Mikeller 1000 IBU and the Meninskurts Scotch Ale... after that things get a little hazy.

9.5 on the Jealous Richter Scale ;)

I've got to echo this. The cunning ninja and 1000 IBU were stand outs. The 4 pines Rye Pale Ale was really interesting too. I'd love to try it again as I remember finding it really interesting but not quite how it tasted.

Overall an awesome day with some top drops.

top day, but my memory gets very blurry after we had a cunning ninja. look forward to next yr!

Now that it's several days in the past, its all coming back to me...

It was good meeting Ross of Bacchus Brewing! I'll be visiting Capalaba for sure!
Bacchus Cunning Ninja bookended the day for my wife & I, being the 1st and last beer of the time spent at Archive last Sunday. Lovely brew but I prefer the Obama Black IPA for some reason.
Had the Holgate Chocolate Temptress, which seems to be made for hand-pump.
4 Pines Rye APA which was very smooth and sessonable even at 7%.
Invercargill Men'nskurrts was a good smoky Scottish ale. Reminded me of the old Brisbane Brewhouse Albert Streets Up Your Kilt.
Bridge Roads Stella Single-hop IPA seemed tame and very sessionable with its 4.8% and seemingly APA'ish balance. Should of had this one first I think.
Mikkeller Anniversary IIIPA was what I would call a IIIBW. At 11% it reaches for the barleywine sphere but keeps that strong, hoppy IPA feel.

There was just too many great beers and not enough time or $ to enjoy them all!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Thought I would put this in the Archive thread as well.

Train to Central, have a Stone & Wood at the Platform if they're open to get started, then take an even shorter walk across Ann Street and through ANZAC Park to Adelaide Street. Then:

1. For Bitter Suite, step to the right to catch the 199 bus eastbound to Merthyr Road (that's when the bus takes a hard left off Brunswick).
Get off at the stop just past James/Lamington Street (2nd or 3rd stop on Merthyr?). Walk a block down Lamington Street & cross Welsby Street to the Bitter Suite door.

2. For Archive, cross Adelaide Street and catch the 199 bus westbound and get off at the door (2nd stop after the bus takes a soft left onto Boundary Street.

Return trips to Grand Central are in reverse order.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Thought I would put this in the Archive thread as well.

Train to Central, have a Stone & Wood at the Platform if they're open to get started, then take an even shorter walk across Ann Street and through ANZAC Park to Adelaide Street. Then:

1. For Bitter Suite, step to the right to catch the 199 bus eastbound to Merthyr Road (that's when the bus takes a hard left off Brunswick).
Get off at the stop just past James/Lamington Street (2nd or 3rd stop on Merthyr?). Walk a block down Lamington Street & cross Welsby Street to the Bitter Suite door.

2. For Archive, cross Adelaide Street and catch the 199 bus westbound and get off at the door (2nd stop after the bus takes a soft left onto Boundary Street.

Return trips to Grand Central are in reverse order.

This Sacred(?) Archive thread has now been VIOLATED. :eek: :eek:
Hopefully, no one will send out a contract on you or your family Snowdog? :lol:
Archive is very nice but so are a few other brew joints in Brissy.

TP

With the day I'm having at work.....so keen to go to Archive tonight and get a wee bit loose.
Gettin my Mikeller Geek on!

Looks like they've got an awesome IPA on tap in the front bar

As long as it's not Blackbeard's Delight. That stuff is horrible.... :ph34r:

;)

Spoiled for choice this Saturday.
BBD IPA and Hardcores at Archive, Beer lunch at Bitter Suite, or Schneider Weisse Aventinus and lumps of pig at the German Club. :unsure:

Looks like they've got an awesome IPA on tap in the front bar
I'll make sure I get one when I'm in tomorrow. I only got in once the comp was done and dusted so thought I'd try the others while they were still around..... Haven't tried the winner yet (still think you should have gone with Dutch rudder)

Latest posts

Back