Archive Beer Boutique (brisbane)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll make sure I get one when I'm in tomorrow. I only got in once the comp was done and dusted so thought I'd try the others while they were still around..... Haven't tried the winner yet (still think you should have gone with Dutch rudder)

:lol: :lol: As someone has suggested the next IIPA i do will be "Double Dutch Rudder"

Edit: actually i'm pretty glad i didn't call it that... every man and his dog has been asking how i came up with Blackbeard's Delight... could have got some pretty funny looks had i explained a Dutch Rudder!

:lol: :lol: As someone has suggested the next IIPA i do will be "Double Dutch Rudder"

Edit: actually i'm pretty glad i didn't call it that... every man and his dog has been asking how i came up with Blackbeard's Delight... could have got some pretty funny looks had i explained a Dutch Rudder!
Why give an explanation when a demonstration really gets the point across.

Beer of the night for me was Brewdog's 5AM Saint.....ridiculously good sipper.
Don't know is a standard Amber Ale recipe is supposed to taste as big as this.

Hauling my sorry ass into Archive for some Xmas recovery drinks now I've managed to convince SWMBO that I am responsible adult ;) .
Should be there 2/3pm if anyone is doing nuthin this arvo (tap list looks good!).

Lucky bugger Perry! I'm only having a sesh in front of the cricket. Cascade Lagers and Cascade Draught on offer (good enough) but really should have bought more beers from Cool Wine at Xmas... Enjoy Archive... Hitting it up when I get back for sure.... Session sometime in Jan ;)

Cheers

Lucky bugger Perry! I'm only having a sesh in front of the cricket. Cascade Lagers and Cascade Draught on offer (good enough) but really should have bought more beers from Cool Wine at Xmas... Enjoy Archive... Hitting it up when I get back for sure.... Session sometime in Jan ;)

Cheers

All I can say is "Santas Little Helper :icon_drool2: "
Good to have a beery chat with Liver Shank.

Edit: that big saison I thought had stalled has started the slow creep down again, Wyeast 3724 :rolleyes:

The bottlo has got the 2 Billy B's apple beers in stock = good work Dan :icon_chickcheers:

4 Pines Single Hop Series all on tap (per newsletter)! May have to make a mad dash down there tonight!

4 Pines Single Hop Series all on tap (per newsletter)! May have to make a mad dash down there tonight!

Have a 'Santa's Little Helper' whilst there - expensive but worth it :icon_cheers: .

Yeah about that winkle....

I have half a keg left of both Santas little helper and happy hoppy christmas that must go to make way for new stuff, so the prices have dropped to $8 pots and $11 schooners.

Sorry to rub it in mate.... see you on friday.

Yeah about that winkle....

I have half a keg left of both Santas little helper and happy hoppy christmas that must go to make way for new stuff, so the prices have dropped to $8 pots and $11 schooners.

Sorry to rub it in mate.... see you on friday.

Flup!!

:icon_cheers:

Drove in to the Archive last night only to find I didn't have my wallet. Wasn't in the car either, so I drove back home to The Gap all the while reviwing my brain-tapes trying to figure out where I left it. Thoughts of having to replace bank cards and licenses, etc.... it was in the laundry basket. For some reason it didn't make the after-work shift to my clean shorts. I then promptly drove back in for a couple pots of 4 Pines (Amirillo & Galaxy) Not bad!

Hadn't been for a while.
Been sittin back, chill-axing to Bridge RD/Nogue-o India Saison. Fark man what a nice sip. It's been a while that I sat on the 1 drink before. I had a funny feel I was only gonna be drinking this once and wasn't sure that I was prepared to make the most of what it had to offer.
Content.

Hadn't been for a while.
Been sittin back, chill-axing to Bridge RD/Nogue-o India Saison. Fark man what a nice sip. It's been a while that I sat on the 1 drink before. I had a funny feel I was only gonna be drinking this once and wasn't sure that I was prepared to make the most of what it had to offer.
Content.
Really enjoyed this beer. I had it first in the bottle, the nogne imported version and loved it. Then I came to Archive tonigh
t to find the Bridge Road version on tap amongst the now ' safer' tap list. ;) Possibly a slightly less complex beer than the nogne bottled version but a great beer all the same!

Had a few Hobgobblins off tap last nite (should have put it on handpump Joey) also a Quiet American and a Dark Night - quality stuff!
Racer 5 went down good too.

Be prepared for copious amounts of drool and have you wallet full.
Took me about 30mins to pick 6
Meanwhile you freeze your ass of in the cool room trying to make the decisions. Like sports teams with a salary cap.... lots of good players... who do you cut?

GravityGuru and I will make a foray into West End Saturday evening :party: , hopefully the tap list will still look similar to this

N/C PRANQSTER
WHITE RABBIT DARK
HOLGATE HOPINATOR
EUROTRASH BELGIAN STRONG ALE
WYCHWOOD HOBGOBLIN
BOBS FARMHOUSE ALE
HANDPUMP: HOLGATE TEMPTRESS

Note a bottle or two of Billy B's may be harmed in this process.
View attachment 55360
Oh the humanity

Latest posts

Back