Anhc 2010

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hope everyones had a big nice greasy breakfast ready for today.

see youse at 3.30pm in the "break" hahahaha

Have Fun..someone has to work
My head hurts.
Club night was a big success. Some awsome beers and people. How they are kicking off at 8:30am I have nfi.

Have fun at the rest of the conference peoples.

Thanks Quintrex and Sappas for the invite to club night. Some great beers (some really great ones actually) and friendly faces.

Great tram ride home, slept well, no headache.

I'm prolly lucky to get the lift back home, wouldn't have made it otherwise. My head fukin is hurting bad. Great ppl last night, awesome beer.

T'was a great night everyone... great people, great beers and no hangover to speak of.

no hangover here but had a ball putting faces to names. also got.great feed back on my braggot

no hangover here but had a ball putting faces to names. also got.great feed back on my braggot
I certainly enjoyed ur braggot.

Can't wait to see some pics of the night.

The Ipswich PIMPs have taken a hostage.

If the bayside brewers wish for her safe return, we demand your winning beer recipe!

Are you being naughty Bonj?
PS: I hope that Schooey hasn't been sending any rough trade your way :p
Fcuking.

I think I need a beer after all that beer over the last couple of days. :chug:

Probably should have gone the full package with the dinners as well but it was definitely worth making the trip over for. Learnt a few things, had some good beer and food and a good time catching up with people and meeting new faces. Put me down for the next one.

Breaking news from the Melbourne dinner .... A first in the bo-pils and a second in pale ale (not sure which sub-class as there was a call to arms in the middle of the conversation) to two different PUBS members - Pine Rivers Underground Brewing Society - a brewclub on brisbanes northside.

So ... any takers for the next meeting??? :p

do we know when the results will be published ?

I'm suprised no one has posted up some results. I know Brendo (melb brewers) took out 1st with with his bock. So well done Brendo!!

ACT won Champion State/Club. Craig Webber of the ACT won Champion Brewer. Brendan O'Sullivan of WA was runner-up Champion Brewer.

ACT won Champion State/Club. Craig Webber of the ACT won Champion Brewer. Brendan O'Sullivan of WA was runner-up Champion Brewer.
well done Canberra boys cant run the country but can brew apparently! ;) nice work fellas.

Haysie tipped the ACT boys to win.

grats to the ACT boys and Brendo, that was a really nice Bock.

Breaking news from the Melbourne dinner .... A first in the bo-pils and a second in pale ale (not sure which sub-class as there was a call to arms in the middle of the conversation) to two different PUBS members - Pine Rivers Underground Brewing Society - a brewclub on brisbanes northside.

So ... any takers for the next meeting??? :p

The bo pils would by Lyall's - he brews a fearsome lager and that's how I got to join PUBS when I got in contact with him to pick his brains after he took out the State in the lagers and pilseners. He brews after Christmas for the coming years' comp season :eek: - I'm sure the pale ale would be Starkesbier's.

Edit: how do you know they are PUBS members? I don't recall anywhere on the form I had to specify which club I was in when entering my couple of brews - unless I missed something ?

Melbourne Brewers had a good night - 3 x 1st Places (Angus Williams, Robin Brown, and me) with a 2nd Place also (Matt Herven). Apparently, I was runner up for Champion Beer - lost on countback to Lyall's Pils - must have been a cracking beer!!

Well done to all who qualified in the first place and biggups to those who brought home the glassware!!

Cheers

Brendo

The bo pils would by Lyall's - he brews a fearsome lager and that's how I got to join PUBS when I got in contact with him to pick his brains after he took out the State in the lagers and pilseners. He brews after Christmas for the coming years' comp season :eek: - I'm sure the pale ale would be Starkesbier's.

Edit: how do you know they are PUBS members? I don't recall anywhere on the form I had to specify which club I was in when entering my couple of brews - unless I missed something ?

Because... I'm immediate family of one of the winners... See you at the next meeting Bribie :)

So more updates the Bo-Pils not only took out first but was the best single beer of the whole comp. and scored a massive 136/150 points and featured a special mention from the presenters.

But more to the point it helped QLD move from last in previous years to 3rd. BABBs played a huge part of course and congrats to them too.

Latest posts

Back