Alternate Day Fasting

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
**** that guy.

10 years is HEAPS.

There is a really good government sponsored plan for weight loss. Its called Newstart. And its very effective. The idea behind it is you can only afford a small amount of food which has to be portioned over 2weeks. Along with that comes an exercise incentive called walking everywhere cause you can't afford a car or bus/train/taxi fares. I have been on it for a while and have yet to gain any weight at all.

Ducatiboy stu said:
There is a really good government sponsored plan for weight loss. Its called Newstart. And its very effective. The idea behind it is you can only afford a small amount of food which has to be portioned over 2weeks. Along with that comes an exercise incentive called walking everywhere cause you can't afford a car or bus/train/taxi fares. I have been on it for a while and have yet to gain any weight at all.
Results really do ​vary don't they.

I see plenty of folks in hanging about the local shopping centers here who are apparently thriving on government sponsored programs judging by the girth of the women and the five or so children they have in tow.

Good point. The centerlink diet is ideally aimed at singles with no kids

Well the results are in.
I had my blood tests this week after 7 weeks of fasting (600 cal max) twice a week.

I've lost about 6 kg (mostly fat around the guts) but more importantly my previously elevated cholesterol, triglycerides and glucose have come back to the normal range.

And in that time I have hardly exercised.

I don't want to lose any more weight so will be cutting the fast days back to once a week.

Good to hear, RobW. SWMBO and I have started it this week, mainly to counterbalance our typically indulgent weekends.

RobW said:
Well the results are in.
I had my blood tests this week after 7 weeks of fasting (600 cal max) twice a week.

I've lost about 6 kg (mostly fat around the guts) but more importantly my previously elevated cholesterol, triglycerides and glucose have come back to the normal range.

And in that time I have hardly exercised.

I don't want to lose any more weight so will be cutting the fast days back to once a week.
Out of curiosity Rob, did you change your regular diet on non fasting days?

Liam_snorkel said:
Good to hear, RobW. SWMBO and I have started it this week, mainly to counterbalance our typically indulgent weekends.
Good luck with it.
The first couple of days can be a challenge but you will be happy with the results.

Dave70 said:
Out of curiosity Rob, did you change your regular diet on non fasting days?
No, not at all (and I do enjoy my food!) although I feel like now it doesn't take as much to feel satisfied.

On the morning after a fast I never feel particularly hungry just have a normal breakfast.
It seems somehow like you just get used to it.

The other thing is that by watching your calorie intake you get a better idea of the energy value of different foods so maybe subconsciously you accommodate that.

Latest posts

Back