• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Aldi specials

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That vac sealer is exactly the same as my Luvelo one, great unit
I've been using the Aldi bags for a while now too, no complaints about them

Killer Brew said:
Incorrect. There are some big guys involved but the bulk of product is being made by second and third tier suppliers, many of whom have been squeezed by ranging decisions by the big 2. There is also a lot of imported product.
Agree. Storm comes from a mid-tier NZ brewery, Hopper Whitmam from Dundee, a NY state brewery owned by a regional Canadian brewery. Some of their European labels come from an obscure and independent French company.

panzerd18 said:
I thought Coles was meant to be more expensive and more upmarket than Woolworths?
It used to be, but Woolies became the Fresh Food people and lost site of that initial focus.

spog said:
ON THE MONEY there Dicko, Bunnings resulting in a local h/ ware shop shutting .Harvey Norman coming here...how many local furniture and electrical shops will hurt from that.
Word is that BCF is on the cards. **** me if I'm not sick and tired of locals telling me of the gear they bought from Bunnings and in the next breath lamenting the demise of local businesses, makes me want to strangle the fuckwits.
Local business means the money stays local.
FFS. The population here is roughly 15,000 ,so the big boys have done their homework and want some $,that's how it goes. But if people would give a **** all would be well locally ? and...and...aargh it pisses me of........
Some day, at this rate the Big Green shed will end up getting my dollars.........
I still like to give my money to the local hardware store, even though it's owned by Home hardware (or maybe another mob now).
Sometimes they can't help me out with their prodeuct range or opening hours (Sunday arvo) etc.
However if they start gouging customers with a lousy excuse about keeping local business open, well, logic has to prevail.

Have to agree with the gouging comment,i won't buy anything at an inflated price, local or not.

sp0rk said:
That vac sealer is exactly the same as my Luvelo one, great unit
I've been using the Aldi bags for a while now too, no complaints about them
I've had one of these for awhile as well. I'm going to grab one of the ALDI ones as a back up, they work really well.

Aldi have got 4kg packs of the 'old non-stocked anymore' white container napisan soaker stuff this week, about $9 I think.

Picked myself up a vacuum sealer last night because, well, I've been a good boy and deserve it :)

Can't wait to go through the freezer and reseal all my hops.

Yes, yes I lead a sad life when this is what I look forward too.

Nullnvoid said:
Picked myself up a vacuum sealer last night because, well, I've been a good boy and deserve it :)

Can't wait to go through the freezer and reseal all my hops.

Yes, yes I lead a sad life when this is what I look forward too.
Don't get too worried...I'm not even 30 yet and I was like a little kid on christmas day when I got my Luvelo sealer in the post a few weeks ago...housemates had a laugh as I ran to get my hops from the freezer

Cant beat a vac sealer.

when I got mine had no end of fun vac sealing the kids toothbrushes and various toys

"Daaaaad, not this too....."

Oooh yeah

Mr B said:
Cant beat a vac sealer.

when I got mine had no end of fun vac sealing the kids toothbrushes and various toys

"Daaaaad, not this too....."

Oooh yeah
like it.
Vac seal the baby "raggy" toys my kids still sleep with.
Fun weekend

Hopefully they have some left when I can get in this week.

Aldi is selling Guiness draught (Irish made) for $9.90 for a 4 pack of 440ml nitro cans.

yup they get interesting liquor in now and again, hopefully Taree will get its liquor licence shortly.

Are the ones from dan murphys imported or made here as they have them priced at $59 a carton also, Id rather try the imports, might have to grab a carton as I don't mind a Guinness.

I think Lion brews it here?

It has one of those external import stickers on it re Ireland. Nice drop.

I think all cans here are imported, but that may be from Malaysia not Ireland.

pcqypcqy said:
https://www.aldi.com.au/en/special-buys/special-buys-wed-29-july/wednesday-detail-wk-31/ps/p/premium-wok-utensils/

Any opinions on how the stainless deep-fry basket would go with hops during the boil? Rig it up so that the wood handle stays clear of the wort (or even pull it apart entirely and get rid of the wood). Not sure how big the gaps are between the wires.
Cone hops, yes. Pellet hops, I doubt that the wire/mesh would be fine enough to contain them (if it's anything like most wok deep frying baskets)

pat86 said:
I don't want to get off topic, but this sounds like a winner.
That's one of my favorite chilli sauces. Excellent on chicken dishes, hence the name.

Latest posts

Back