• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Aldi specials

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pat86 said:
I don't want to get off topic, but this sounds like a winner.
I keep a bottle of this in the fridge at work at all times (or the Huy Fong one), I put it on almost everything...

I see that as well as Cock brand they also have lingham brand. For those unfamiliar with the term, check out the Karma Sutra.
Strange, as Aldi don't normally dick around.

google tells me you need 400x magnification for counting yeast cells, this goes to 200x. Looks like a fun toy though.

1kg pots of in-wash soaker, $3. Only trouble is they are eucalypt scented, so probably unsuitable for fermenters. I am guessing would be fine for kegs and the like?

I wouldn't be cleaning my brewing stuff with any scented products..

No-name napisan is pretty much just as cheap, with bulk sodium perc even cheaper.

Yeah, that was my only concern whether it was suitable for non-porous gear...just had a whiff, it's fairly strong.

Those temperature controlled kettles are good for bag sparge water on GFs or BIAB. A mate has one of the previous iterations and its 80deg is pretty spot on for 78deg. Just do two 1.5L kettles worth for a batch on his system.

takai said:
Those temperature controlled kettles are good for bag sparge water on GFs or BIAB. A mate has one of the previous iterations and its 80deg is pretty spot on for 78deg. Just do two 1.5L kettles worth for a batch on his system.
Our kettle (not an aldi one) died on the weekend, I've had it for 10 years so I guess I can forgive it. So I'm grabbing one of these on the weekend. If it works for sparging as well awesome!

madpierre06 said:
1kg pots of in-wash soaker, $3. Only trouble is they are eucalypt scented, so probably unsuitable for fermenters. I am guessing would be fine for kegs and the like?
Thats still expensive when ya csn get a 25kg bag of pure sodium percarbonate for 55-80bux and does the job 100 times better and rinses with ease.

Kingy said:
Thats still expensive when ya csn get a 25kg bag of pure sodium percarbonate for 55-80bux and does the job 100 times better and rinses with ease.
What's a good source for those large bags? What kind of shops should I be calling - the big green warehouse?

haha
However Florian makes a good point, it's very hard to track down Perc by the single sack and most of my supply came from bulk buys where some intrepid pioneer has found a dealer that can do a good price on ten sacks.

I'd guess Tamworth is a bit out of the loop for big buys, but you could try your local catering / cleaning supplies wholesaler. Brewman near Newcastle does perc by the kilo, I bought five off MHB when he had the business, and that's still going strong.

Kingy said:
got an easy source in Newcastle?

Bribie G said:
haha
However Florian makes a good point, it's very hard to track down Perc by the single sack and most of my supply came from bulk buys where some intrepid pioneer has found a dealer that can do a good price on ten sacks.

I'd guess Tamworth is a bit out of the loop for big buys, but you could try your local catering / cleaning supplies wholesaler. Brewman near Newcastle does perc by the kilo, I bought five off MHB when he had the business, and that's still going strong.
About to shift to Toowoomba, so hopefully a bigger town closer to a cap city should make it easier. The brewing club in T'ba seems to be quite active, which should make a group buy easier, cf Tamworth which is non existent. The guy at the shop has been talking about kickstarting something, but has been slow about it (I think he's got issues with council and licensing).

Latest posts

Back