• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Aldi specials

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pcqypcqy said:
About to shift to Toowoomba, so hopefully a bigger town closer to a cap city should make it easier. The brewing club in T'ba seems to be quite active, which should make a group buy easier, cf Tamworth which is non existent. The guy at the shop has been talking about kickstarting something, but has been slow about it (I think he's got issues with council and licensing).
Find us on facebook now if you like. Search for too soba. If you cant find it there's a link in the too soba forum here. Maybe give me a pm so I can accept your request because we get a lot of spam requests.

earle said:
Find us on facebook now if you like. Search for too soba. If you cant find it there's a link in the too soba forum here. Maybe give me a pm so I can accept your request because we get a lot of spam requests.
Yeah, saw the group listed here. Just sent a request on facebook. Was going to attend a meeting after things settle down, first Friday each month isn't it?

ok guys thats far enough off topic. back to aldi specials

I have the bowl set. The largest one holds over 2kg of grain and the smallest is perfect for hop additions. Use both every brew.
My wife bought them for cooking and they also serve this purpose well.

LiquidGold said:
Lots of stainless for sale next wed (12/8/15).

I'm gonna pick up the bowl and sieve sets, maybe even the chip tray.
I have the sieves, they seem ok but I don't use them often. I also have the chip tray and it is certainly not stainless - guessing it is aluminium.

The trays are "non stick" grey stuff.

Hey, this stuff is excellent:

karmeliter.jpg

I don't usually go for German Wheats, they tend to taste like dunny trough blocks to me, but Karmeliter is like mother's milk. Heading for Lismore for the Weekend, bastards better have some in stock.

I picked up one of the non stick pizza trays and it fits nicely in the top of a crown urn. Planning to use it to sit the bag on while it drains.

Liam_snorkel said:
The $200 re-badged Hark smokers are back at the end of the month.
These are a great little unit and good way to get into smoking.

You can use wood chips/ pellets whatever. I picked up 10kg bags of pellets at BBQs galore, much better value than the $10-20 they hit you for a few hundred gram bag elsewhere.

Is any of the ALDI nappy wash stuff suitable for cleaning / sanitizing your gear?

Watch out for the big bulk tubs of their nappy stuff in the purple container. They look the same as the small packs but contain eucalyptus oil.

earle said:
These are a great little unit and good way to get into smoking.

You can use wood chips/ pellets whatever. I picked up 10kg bags of pellets at BBQs galore, much better value than the $10-20 they hit you for a few hundred gram bag elsewhere.
Would you know which model it is by chance. Very keen to get into some smoking. Thanks.

In today's aldi catalogue so should be on their website on Sunday or Saturday. This year they've upgraded to the two door gas hark - just rebadged for aldi.

earle said:
In today's aldi catalogue so should be on their website on Sunday or Saturday. This year they've upgraded to the two door gas hark - just rebadged for aldi.
I wonder if it will have the multiple vents like the normal 2 door Hark
I'm seriously considering cutting more vent holes in mine

earle said:
Cannot see it in my Aldi catalogue. Which page?

Thanks, I have this week's/current cattledog. Will pick up the new one when I drop in and buy some beer today.

Latest posts

Back