• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Aldi specials

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yob said:
Buying beer?

Dude!! What's gone wrong? ;)
Just a few. Catching up after down-time due to flood/run-off inundation. Only just bought me a Mammuth burner a few weeks ago,... and judging at beer comps. You know, the usual.
Don't feel sorry for me. The rebuilding process is fortifying my soul, I tell you.
I have more stainless fermentors now (another 50l squat Sansone, and a 15l Sansone, from Gumtree), and the new Techni-ice esky/tun about to come online for the next brew. Also bought a 30l HLT that needs a new element.
Forgive me for buying a few beers. Never seen Kronenburg Blanc before, so it's a new adventure there.

Edit: 45l of English Bitter to be kegged soon, and 25l Weizenbock to bottle/keg, as well as (almost forgot) the 20l of Barleywine in the Brew Bucket, in my bedroom

I used to drink Blanc in UK fairly regularly, Les.

Not for a long time now, though. I remember it being very lemony/citrusy. My beer tastes have changed hugely since that period.

I'm going to grab some too, just to revisit it.

Dropped in to the local Aldi (Sunbury VIC) and found this pack of 6 grolsch swing tops and 2 glasses for $24.99. Bargain for any glassware suckers like me

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1440482715.100483.jpg

Woah there, it's only a 15L fermenter and uses the "Mr Beer" kits that are woeful value for money.

I'd guess after the failed Mr Beer exercise they have masses of stock to get rid of.

Same but from target. At $10 they're good value for bottles even if you chuck the rest away. Thinking of using the 15l fermentes for sour beers. Wouldn't go near them fot $60 though

Mine came from target too, was half asleep when I wrote KMart.

Interesting that its Aldi that has these Coopers starter kits this year as a Father's Day special.

Wonder if its prelude to Aldi stocking its own range of hopped extract.

Hmm.. Rivet Lager...
Bugger I missed those from Target, a 15L jobbie would be perfect for a keg of cider as you don't get krausen ... brew over gravity then dilute into the keg with apple juice and instant medium cider on tap.
bugger bugger bugger

Flensburger on sale again. 15 bucks a sixer for decent German beer ain't to bad.

The Hefe is soft and bannanary.

The Kronenburg Blanc is a bit skunky, but $5 cheaper than the same at DM's.

Flensburger you say? I'm keen, until my Bitter is carbonated.

Comes in nice 330ml swingtops. Im sure i can find a use for those.

Also have the pils but havent tried it yet.

After I read on here that some people had scored those Coopers packs for $10 from Target I went to 5 different stores & came home empty handed.

I was keen on the smaller fermenter for swmbo's Pear Cider & maybe some smaller batches of experimental beers

Not keen on paying $60 though

If you are referring to the Kit then it's been covered in the dedicated Aldi thread.
Only a 15L fermentor.

Back