AHB Articles: Vic X-mas In July 2010 Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I shall be supplying mine, in the finest BribieG tradition, in clear plastic 1.25lt Coke bottles. If I only fill them up 3/5 of the way, that's the full 750ml. Nobody will mind, right?

:)

I believe you mean Aldi Regal Cola 1.25L bottles :)

oh... i realised I don't have enough longies for the swap, it's cool if I bring 54 stubbies (mix of 330/375mL) ??

*runs and ducks*

and that hasnt happened before hey? I`ll remove my name, I brew 19 litre batches with normally about 18 ltrs after initial run off of sediment off the bottom, I`ll never get 24. I suggested something a little different, by no means extreme and unfortunantly that discussion may not have been up to some`s high standards :rolleyes: . Some just cant remove them blinkers.

I think two batches of the same beer should be fine. I'll probably be doing something similar as I'm moving to 20 L cubes to ferment so I'll do two batches of the same beer in a day and ferment side by side.

Relax Haysie - just brew what makes sense and is vaguely within the guidelines.

Can everyone please bring and extra bottle to the swap? Mine will be in a keg so I'll just fill on the spot if thats ok?

Oh wait, the keg holds 19 litres, guess some people might be missing out :ph34r:

Just for the record, mine will all be in PET. Don't care what I recieve so long it has beer in it! Never use bottles anyway so all the bottles I get will simply be kept for future swaps.

Just for the record, mine will all be in PET. Don't care what I recieve so long it has beer in it! Never use bottles anyway so all the bottles I get will simply be kept for future swaps.

I did that for my 1st swap, now ive just been recycling. Except this year ive been cutthroat, any bottle thats had an infection has been tossed as i picked up a couple of empty bottles in boxes frm VICBREW last year.

either way, for the outlay of 2 boxes of PETs its not a too big of an investment, especially considering you get 1.2 of them back as PETs anyway. Its good to have some virgin PET bottles around too for when you want to enter beers to comp, you can be assured they have no nasties lurking in the depths.

I did that for my 1st swap, now ive just been recycling. Except this year ive been cutthroat, any bottle thats had an infection has been tossed as i picked up a couple of empty bottles in boxes frm VICBREW last year.

either way, for the outlay of 2 boxes of PETs its not a too big of an investment, especially considering you get 1.2 of them back as PETs anyway. Its good to have some virgin PET bottles around too for when you want to enter beers to comp, you can be assured they have no nasties lurking in the depths.
Get the coopers PET bottles from Big W for $12.20 for a box of 15. They're cheaper than *most* of the other ones out there.

Get the coopers PET bottles from Big W for $12.20 for a box of 15. They're cheaper than *most* of the other ones out there.
I've got about 20 milkcrates full of CUB-longnecks, so I'll be using those. :)

Can everyone please bring and extra bottle to the swap? Mine will be in a keg so I'll just fill on the spot if thats ok?

Oh wait, the keg holds 19 litres, guess some people might be missing out :ph34r:

Hey Wacker, I`ll bring some extra bottles for ya <_< . Filling on the spot from the keg sure beats the shit out of the 2" of brauhaus sediment :rolleyes: we have had to dump in the past.
If you dont make it make mate, just brew "something" else. Then tell us not to drink it for a month?? -_-
PET is great,just dont bottle it and store it hot.

Oh c'mon Haysie, I always make sure you get my dregs bottle :p

Well the Rogue dead guy clone goes in the mashtun tomorrow.

Should have a good bit of time to ferment and age before the swap.

I strongly urge all brewers to start putting there beers down so you can taste them and make sure you are bringing a good example of your brewing skills :ph34r:

Kleiny

My Oatmeal stout went down on on the Sunday before Labour day...
It's been slowly bubbling away in the fridge at 20 degree....
I so want to tatse it.......
Think it'll be grand...i hope....otherwise something i can do on the young scale.....and let sit...if you people don't drink it !
Being swapper #27...DO WE NEED A 28 ?????????????
C'mon you Vics...
Show these bloody Queenslanders we know how to hold a good function ( up yours Chappo...hehehhe )
No refrences to Kin Kin...mother nature knows best....
Cheers
Ferg
edit grammer...

I'll be doing my 'little sister' batch (hopefully) on Sunday. If eveything tastes as planned the big sister will be brewed 1 month out from the swap (to retain the hoppy goodness).

I'll be doing my 'little sister' batch (hopefully) on Sunday. If eveything tastes as planned the big sister will be brewed 1 month out from the swap (to retain the hoppy goodness).
I have a similar issue (with dry-hoppy goodness), so will be brewing a backup in the next couple of weeks that will benefit from a few months aging, and will brew the intended swap beer a month before so that I can confirm it is OK and resort to the backup if it isn't... I learnt some major lessons last time around :(

Mind you, I still have some of my IPA from the swap. Had one on the weekend just after a Rogue 200 Metre Ale. Both me and the drinking partner thought mine was better :ph34r:

Hmm maybe i will hold into the little sister version (if its good) incase if the big sister fails and age her in the keg. After all, its only 4 months. Atleast i have a fallback.

Hmm maybe i will hold into the little sister version (if its good) incase if the big sister fails and age her in the keg. After all, its only 4 months. Atleast i have a fallback.
Based on last swap (conclusive evidence, IMO :) ), you have no need to be worried. I'm completely paranoid!

Hey Trav, that's why I'm not going in any case swaps anymore
Rook

Dont want to fork out the $$ for PETs aye! ;)

Just as long as you attend rooky. Ive got to start cataloguing a whole buch of beers for the event me thinks. Ive sacrificed two kegs so far. I might leave that job up to someone else this time. ;)

Hey Trav, that's why I'm not going in any case swaps anymore

Rook

I seen Neill is not in either. Where has all the :wub: gone?

My brew/s are down and fermenting.

Back