AHB Articles: Vic X-mas In July 2010 Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
and here i was thinking thats just the alcohol talking! ;)

so, who's game enough to start the tasting thread tonight?! :ph34r: Considering ive had reflux all day i doubt i'll be going anywhere near my beers

Waiting for everyone to update with whether or not their beer is ready now.

Did anybody know what happened to Zebba's swap beers? I don't have one in the beers I took home, and don't remember seeing a #2 batch out on the floor. I thought Leigh was bringing it along for him?
Bump.

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Must have been the guy in charge of the swapping.

Just went out to the shed and checked - I have a #2 Zebba marked on one of the lids. Are you short a bottle warmbeer? (ie 26 bottles instead of 27) or has a label fallen off?

Did beerdingo end up swapping?

Who wrote their label in red texta (mine is a blurred red dot now)?

Has fourstar actually seen a goat naked?

And who burnt my shoes?

I also have a bottle that says either OLMS or5W70 on the lid. Quite faint, black texta. I can do a process of elimination but I'd rather just drink the things.

Must have been the guy in charge of the swapping.

Just went out to the shed and checked - I have a #2 Zebba marked on one of the lids. Are you short a bottle warmbeer? (ie 26 bottles instead of 27) or has a label fallen off?

Did beerdingo end up swapping?

Who wrote their label in red texta (mine is a blurred red dot now)?

Has fourstar actually seen a goat naked?

And who burnt my shoes?

I also have a bottle that says either OLMS or5W70 on the lid. Quite faint, black texta. I can do a process of elimination but I'd rather just drink the things.
Bugger! I only got 26.

Ah well, it was only Zebba's beer I missed out on. His brewing skills are on par with his case swap drinking abilities, i.e. non-existent :)

Sorry my stuff up - just recounted - should be 26 total.

Zebba's is probably there with an absent sticker.

That, I am assuming, would be Moonshine's Oatmeal Liquorice Molasses Stout

:icon_cheers:

yep thats the one Oatmeal Liqurice Molasses Stout. Was drinking alright on the night of the swap but i'd prob give it a few more weeks.
also i seem to have ended up with 2 no.20's ?

Where's the tasting tasting thread? I'm drinking manticles ESB right now. My nose says "no" but my taste buds say "more"

Where's the tasting tasting thread? I'm drinking manticles ESB right now. My nose says "no" but my taste buds say "more"

you are a sick bloke siborg. i can't even fathom the idea of beer right now.

Well I didn't drink as much as I'd have liked last night. I ate too much, and so I couldn't fit enough beer in. I was feelin kinda crook, but felt sober. It sucked. Just sipping away at some fine ESB courtesy of mr. Manticle. I had a "beer" today at the footy, but it may as well have been beer flavored soda water. I felt I had to try some decent beer from last night and seeing that manticles ESB didn't need chilling, I thought I'd give that a go.

Forgot to distribute wolfy's chinook flowers with the cubes.
Following Hutch's instructions, I dry hopped the (2nd batch of) cubes with a handful of the open packet of 'c' hop pellets, I assume the same ones that went into the kettle.
Did anybody know what happened to Zebba's swap beers? I don't have one in the beers I took home, and don't remember seeing a #2 batch out on the floor. I thought Leigh was bringing it along for him?
Not sure how you missed out on Zebba's, I didn't even pack my beer and have a #2 in the crate!

Thanks Fents (and Rach) for hosting a great case swap! Good to put faces with usernames, and had a great time!
Thanks for sharing the cab WW/Wardy/Moonshine. I remember getting home, but not actualy walking in the house! Thanks also to Manticle/Hutch/rest who did a great job brewing(allowing me to slack off, and get shite faced)!

Hahaha looks like shenanigans. I got hit with a bad case of the squirts after eating sashimi friday night and didn't think I'd brave going to a case swap with that threat lingering.

Well done fents (and all those who helped make it happen)

Q

p.s. rook you look relatively well behaved in all those photo's what happened :p

I was rather good Q, but very messy on the inside.

I was in BIG trouble when i woke up at 3.00am to take a piss and realised some PRICK had locked the bedroom door and had taken the door knobs with them.
panic really settled in, do i try and piss through the fly wire screen or pissed down the ducted heating vent............I really cant remember....

Rook

I was rather good Q, but very messy on the inside.

I was in BIG trouble when i woke up at 3.00am to take a piss and realised some PRICK had locked the bedroom door and had taken the door knobs with them.
panic really settled in, do i try and piss through the fly wire screen or pissed down the ducted heating vent............I really cant remember....

Rook

if this did happen. im sure hilarity would have ensued!

great day guys... don't think I tried a dud beer all day!! Looking forward to getting into the swap beers over the next little while.

Cheers,

Brendo

Back