AHB Articles: Vic X-mas In July 2010 Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think one good thing has come of this - I didn't show yet I'm the most talked about person post swap. I feel popular, for the first time ever!
I think it's generally better to be popular for a 'good' reason. ;)

thanks everyone for a great night - specially Fents for letting us take over his house!

I ended up drinking till 3am at my friends house and felt like crap yesterday :icon_vomit:

You felt like crap because you don't eat MEAT :rolleyes:

Rook

Big thanks to Fents for letting us all back in to disgrace his place even after knowing what he was getting himself into.

Sausage rolls where from yours truly ... but us late comers scoffed all the chicken ones before you found them I think.

Locking in next swap at my place. For those that don't know that is in Mooroolbark. The most likely dates either Nov 13th or Nov 27th. I will start up a new thread to sort this out properly.

I promise, if not barred, I will bottle from Keg just so I have a higher confidence of my swap.

I had a bottle (not my swap but similar time frame) last night and it's not like it was in the Keg, I don't know why ?

Noice... looking forward to it. Will be working on my masterpiece to have for then.

mants yours is in the fridge, ready for consumption. details to follow.

Reiterate the thanks to Fents and Rachael for opening up their place for us. Had a ball catching up with everybody again, and put a few more faces to usernames.

To clarify, Zebba's swap beers were in 26th position...not sure how you managed to miss out Brett :ph34r:

These swaps are really gathering some momentum, not a bad beer to be had all night. Beer of the night was Manticle's American Brown and ESB!

Mystery solved: I am a goose.

In my own defense, I was very, very hungover. Bleary eyes and small scribbled writing do not mix well ;)

I'll admit some of my "2"'s look more like "Z"'s, but I would have thought a few too many beers would have helped decipher it

I've got a bottle with a pink dot on the label - looks like a number that was written in red texta that has got wet. Sound familiar to anyone?

Just pitched the yeast on the case swap brew, and took a hydrometer sample beforehand.

I was left gasping from all the hops, and that's with 1.060 worth of malt still around! I added 3L of boiled water because I figured it might be a bit strong, and it still seems to be the most extreme beer I've fermented.

Nice job, brew crew.

Just pitched the yeast on the case swap brew, and took a hydrometer sample beforehand.

I was left gasping from all the hops, and that's with 1.060 worth of malt still around! I added 3L of boiled water because I figured it might be a bit strong, and it still seems to be the most extreme beer I've fermented.

Nice job, brew crew.
When I get aroudn to buying some yeast, I'm just gonna pitch as is. I reckon it'll be a bait not suited to the faint hearted, but what the hell!

Nice job, brew crew.

So did you get the first or second brew? I'll pitch onto mine tomorrow night :)

Back