A Simple Way To Make A Sculpture

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Borret said:
If you want to go real agricultural why not just bang a couple of starposts in the ground with checken wire platform strung between. Easy to take down with a set of plier. And a lick of paint to make it look nice.

Now that's going from the sublime to the ridiculous. :lol:

Warren -

Warren & Wortgames,

I feel like I have helped a little old lady across the road and now she is hitting me across the head with her handbag ,as she did not really want top go there.

Never mind swinging my kitbag over my shoulder like the burden of life, I will go head down feeling dejected along the winding road of life until I another great idea crosses my path, which I can share with the miserable ungrateful lost souls of the brewing cyberspace .

Pumpy ;)

:lol: :lol:

Cheer up Pumpy!

Rest-assured. Should I decide to travel down the dexion road. I'll endeavour to pimp up my stand with assorted "Bling-Bling".

Maybe a coat of lime-green or perhaps some burnt orange on the frame and some faux-mink mash-tun insulation and a couple of "furry-dice".

Warren -

Huggies_34.jpg

Thanks Warren

thats cheered me up no end ,\.

Furry dice mmmmm!!! that gives me an idea for an unbreakable hydrometer holder ,

Jee!!! your an inspiration

Pumpy

Actually. If I really had any choice in the matter this is the design I'd really like to utilise.

Don't think the cost would be overly-expensive. It's just the fact that the tubular steel would most likely require some welding. Rules me out. Either that or I take the bits to a welder and get it done.

Warren -

brewtree2.jpg

I'm in the process of organising something very similar to that Warren. I'm getting a friend to help me with the welding so I've been lucky. When I've got a detailed plan/photo I'm confident enough to share with the world I'll post it here. I picked up my new HLT (stage 1 of the project) after having my element and thermometer welded in on Monday so I can't wait till the next brewday. Won't be this weekend unfortunately...

Shawn.

I recall seeing a brew tree style stand made of dexion. It had 2 vertical pieces which were 45 degree braced to the base & each shelf was similiarly braced to the verticals. I guess you could bolt it onto a wall bracket for extra rigidity while you used it.

Hey Rob & Gough I reckon I could make that brewtree in a couple of hours using
galvanized water pipe and Elgate/Downee fittings which are a range of Tees & Corners ( rather similar to what they used to use for scaffolding ) which you can uses to join the lengths of pipe to make box structure or other shapes .

There are a range of pipe sizes so you could make a relatively lightweight one .

Gone full circle he!he!

Pumpy

It is something that is going to last a life time ..... do it correctly the first time and you will never need to do it again.

Stevestand.jpg

Sorry Pumpy, maybe I was feeling a bit unloved and unappreciated myself :(

Now lets end all this feuding and a-fussing and get back to drinking... :wub:

Wort,

You think you're feeling left of field......

My tower IS made of Dexion!!!!!

$70 total !!!!!!(2nd hand)

Linz said:
Wort,

You think you're feeling left of field......

My tower IS made of Dexion!!!!!

$70 total !!!!!!(2nd hand)
[post="57827"][/post]​

Linz, got a pic? Would love to see it. I am thinking of going the Dexion as it seems like a cheap way about it all.

maybe doc can dig it from the old gallery??

I cant seem to upload anything ATM

Thats OK Wortgames sorry if I did not give your well thought out contribution a bit more thought .
But hey !! over a thousand views to our ranting and raving about the best way to build a sculpture , I am sure someone must have got a few ideas at least .

:party: :party:

Pumpy

chiller said:
It is something that is going to last a life time ..... do it correctly the first time and you will never need to do it again.

Chiller. That's just plain bloody impressive !! :super: :super:

Looks built to last.

Warren -

Linz said:
maybe doc can dig it from the old gallery??

I cant seem to upload anything ATM
[post="57831"][/post]​

Sorry Linz. Don't have those pics locally stored.

But IMO you can't go past a 19" full height computer rack.
Here is an old piccy, because it now has the water filter, power board, cfwc and inline aeration stone supports all done.

RackBrewSculpture_009.jpg

Beers,
Doc

doc, i see in your picture the kids play equipement in the background is this to earn brownie points with the better half by keeping an eye on them or, is it so you can educate them! :D

BTW, it would be quite easy to make a dexion rig on a single upright 'frame' - this way you could chop each single beam into two short struts that would stick out from the frame. You would need to brace the frame to the ground, but the beam ends are plenty strong enough by themselves to support the weight of your brew:

050503_0001.jpg

Agreed, this is an ugly example of Dexion (unless you particularly like blue and orange) but you get the idea...

Those Dexion orange beams support two tonne, they make a great workbench

Pumpy

Latest posts

Back