2016 VIC Xmas in July Swap/Brew- Recipe

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1.072 is the last reading I looked at.
I couldn't guarantee what that was a sample of, but I believe it was final reading from the kettle before cubing.
John, Wayne or Mick might have a better idea, though.

Cube's Away!!
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1468203013.347004.jpg
Little bit of extra trub...
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1468203057.127298.jpg
Smelt amazing!!
Fwiw, I think I had ~20L at 1.070

thanks Wayne, John and Troy and also everyone for helping. Much appreciated and also thanks to Mike for grabbing me a cube. I hope the money was right Wayne? lemme know if I owe ya

what is the beer? an ESB? I'm a bit confused as to what it is, just thinking about yeast is all

droid, got some change for you, and cube, keg, and a bottle someone left for you. We'll have to come up with a weekend that suits. Your RIS is awsome btw.

You're a champ! If I leave it longer will I end up with more stuff? Hehe, glad you like the RIS. It is changing for the better I think. Yep I'll pm ya re brew.

It sounds like if you leave it longer you will end up with NO RIS, [emoji23]

Hey, given Kunfaced didn't show up with the 5kg of med crystal for this, what was the final recipe?

Martin, i think you mentioned you & DJ provided some sort of crystal combo?

So at the mo, i've got:
125kg Perle malt, 2kg Midnight Wheat, + 5kg ......... (?)

And then some hops (how much ended up going in? 450g of Dr Rudi?)

technobabble66 said:
Hey, given Kunfaced didn't show up with the 5kg of med crystal for this, what was the final recipe?

Martin, i think you mentioned you & DJ provided some sort of crystal combo?

So at the mo, i've got:
125kg Perle malt, 2kg Midnight Wheat, + 5kg ......... (?)

And then some hops (how much ended up going in? 450g of Dr Rudi?)
Dr Rudi (11.3%) - 600g FWH & 300g at ~30min.

Didn't realise we had a grain provider awol... Who the heck brought up 6kg of dark xtal without knowing it would be needed?!! Big ups t'ya. :beerbang:

I brought 2kg dark crystal, so assume there must've been another few kgs kicking about

mofox1 said:
Didn't realise we had a grain provider awol... Who the heck brought up 6kg of dark xtal without knowing it would be needed?!! Big ups t'ya. :beerbang:
Yeah, Kunfaced is hereby named & shamed as someone who promised & didn't deliver (didn't even show-up!). Black-listed. :angry:

I brought-up my personal stash of dark crystal just in case. Lucky I did.

DJ_L3ThAL said:
I brought 2kg dark crystal, so assume there must've been another few kgs kicking about
Thanks, at least SOMEONE thought to contribute just in case & your contribution was well-received.

MartinOC said:
Yeah, Kunfaced is hereby named & shamed as someone who promised & didn't deliver (didn't even show-up!). Black-listed. :angry:.
If he was squashed by a semi trailer on his way to the swap perhaps we can consider forgiveness?

Latest posts

Back