2016 VIC Xmas in July Swap/Brew- Recipe

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mofox1 said:
What is the water like in Shep?

Do we need any sodium met for chlorine/chloramine removal... Anyone have campden tablets if required?
Mate, I work for the local water authority and according to our systems, there is no retic system out at Wayne's house. He would be the one to give you the best answer, but i'm assuming, rain water from tanks will be "on tap"...

That's what I assumed when putting the recipe together - a beautifully soft, blank canvas.

If folks want to "season" their cubes along with their choice of hops, it's all good.

whiteferret said:
Yep rain water it is.
Nicey.

MartinOC said:
That's what I assumed when putting the recipe together - a beautifully soft, blank canvas.
Should've figured you'd be way ahead of me.

So while I'm playing behind everyone else, I might as well ask this question again... are we sorted equipment wise? I'm assuming I didn't miss an 11th "2016 Vic Xmas in July <INSERT TOPIC HERE>" thread for equipment.. :p

Kettle(s), HLT's, mash tuns, pumps, hoses, mills, OTS's... I'm sure it's probably covered, certainly. Maybe.

When are you getting there Mick? Another drill and a mill would be handy on Friday I assume.

droid said:
When are you getting there Mick? Another drill and a mill would be handy on Friday I assume.
cool something else I can throw in, upon return it can go straight to storage, then a few weeks later to the new place with bigger cleaner nicer shed, with power!

droid said:
Gents,

The bulk of malt won't arrive until Saturday morning, so no rush to be there on Friday with a mill.

MartinOC said:
Gents,

The bulk of malt won't arrive until Saturday morning, so no rush to be there on Friday with a mill.
If thats the case i can bring my monster mill and large hopper?

droid said:
I'll see if I can bring this... the whole family is heading up to Shep for another event (funeral, unfortunately), so it might not fit. It's fairly large... well, except for the hopper which gets embarrassed every time I put it thru it's paces.

Also dependant on whether someone can fit it in their vehicle for the return trip!!

1467798380402.jpg

mofox1 said:
I'll see if I can bring this... the whole family is heading up to Shep for another event (funeral, unfortunately), so it might not fit. It's fairly large... well, except for the hopper which gets embarrassed every time I put it thru it's paces.

Also dependant on whether someone can fit it in their vehicle for the return trip!!

1467798380402.jpg
Thats a cute mill

Pulling things together now - any extra gear needed? Can bring an OTS element, 40L urn or a 50L keggle. Just let me know.

Recipe looks the goods Martin. I'll be seasoning my cube with a mix of Ella, Citra and Chinook (around 20g of each).

I'm not part of the organizing, but I reckon it's smart to bring the OTS element as backup. If it's no hassle, of course. It'll be nifty if we need a little more heat in the Mash tun at anytime

technobabble66 said:
I'm not part of the organizing, but I reckon it's smart to bring the OTS element as backup. If it's no hassle, of course. It'll be nifty if we need a little more heat in the Mash tun at anytime
Done - OTS element packed.

Didn't catch this yesterday...what did the OG of the swap brew end up as? Thanks.

Back