2015 Vic Christmas in July Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1. Idzy - "The Repeat Offender" Rye IPA - Bottled/kegged - Delightful[/font]2. DJ_L3tHAL - American IPA - Drink NOW!
3. Yob - Belgian Pale Ale.. well.. sort of.. maybe too hoppy for a "style Nazi" but hay, wadda-ya-expect from me? Bottled a few days before the Swap, will need time
4. Nullnvoid - ByGeRu Pale Ale (Little Creatures clone) - Drink after early August. Was only bottled a week before the swap.
5. Brewnut - Jaggery IPA6. VACANT SPOT - Jump-on it!
7. mofox1 - American brown or a RyeIPA.
8. Tahoose-confirmed
9. Curly79. APA with home grown Victoria hops. 2nd ever BIAB. Fingers crossed
10. VACANT SPOT - Jump-on it!
11. Midnight Brew - The Explorer (Dark Ale III) American Brown - DRINK NOW or age for 3-6 months malty complexity
12. MartinOC - Gonna have to change the planned swap beer from the Dunkeldoppelweizenbock (simply can't get it done in time) to something else I've got on-hand. Yeasts just don't fire-up on the stir-plate quickly at these temperatures. It's a long & sordid story....
13. Whiteferret - Oaty Stout
14. Grainer - Californian White IPA
15. Droid - fURQnELL lager/pils
16. Black n Tan- 'Event Horizon' RIS (11.2% ABV, bottled 1/3/15)- the event horizon is the region from which there is no escape from a Black Hole.
17. AJ80 - Fake blonde? Nope, fake Brett18. VACANT SPOT - Jump-on it!
19. JB - Slaughter Robust Porter - (6.5%, 50 IBU) bottled 3/7/15 - This one will need some ageing, early samples were ****ing BITTER!, so leave til late September, preferably later to give it a chance to smooth out20. VACANT SPOT - Jump-on it!
21. Navarau Dark Porter
22. Damn - American Brown: Labelled
[font=Helvetica Neue']#043 [/font][font=Helvetica Neue']JBROWN [/font][font=Helvetica Neue']04-15 [/font]Ready.23. Bumma- MIA, probably a no show24. poggo- MIA, probably a no show

1. Idzy - "The Repeat Offender" Rye IPA - Bottled/kegged - Delightful
2. DJ_L3tHAL - American IPA - Drink NOW!
3. Yob - Belgian Pale Ale.. well.. sort of.. maybe too hoppy for a "style Nazi" but hay, wadda-ya-expect from me? Bottled a few days before the Swap, will need time
4. Nullnvoid - ByGeRu Pale Ale (Little Creatures clone) - Drink after early August. Was only bottled a week before the swap.
5. Brewnut - Jaggery IPA
8. Tahoose-confirmed

11. Midnight Brew - The Explorer (Dark Ale III) American Brown - DRINK NOW or age for 3-6 months malty complexity
12. MartinOC - Gonna have to change the planned swap beer from the Dunkeldoppelweizenbock (simply can't get it done in time) to something else I've got on-hand. Yeasts just don't fire-up on the stir-plate quickly at these temperatures. It's a long & sordid story....
13. Whiteferret - Oaty Stout Bottled 1/7/15
16. Black n Tan- 'Event Horizon' RIS (11.2% ABV, bottled 1/3/15)- the event horizon is the region from which there is no escape from a Black Hole.
17. AJ80 - Fake blonde? Nope, fake Brett
19. JB - Slaughter Robust Porter - (6.5%, 50 IBU) bottled 3/7/15 - This one will need some ageing, early samples were ****ing BITTER!, so leave til late September, preferably later to give it a chance to smooth out
21. Navarau Dark Porter
22. Damn - American Brown: Labelled
#043 JBROWN 04-15 Ready.

Removed the vacant spots unless anyone knows different. I haven't taken them out of the crate to check.

5. Brewnut - Jaggery IPA
8. Tahoose-confirmed
17. AJ80 - Fake blonde? Nope, fake Brett - drink after 22 July.
19. JB - Slaughter Robust Porter - (6.5%, 50 IBU) bottled 3/7/15 - This one will need some ageing, early samples were ****ing BITTER!, so leave til late September, preferably later to give it a chance to smooth out
21. Navarau Dark Porter
22. Damn - American Brown: Labelled #043 JBROWN 04-15 Ready.

5. Brewnut - Jaggery IPA
8. Tahoose-confirmed
15. Droid - fURQnELL lager/pils - drink now
21. Navarau Dark Porter
22. Damn - American Brown: Labelled #043 JBROWN 04-15 Ready

Also like to shout out the the Hard Core Crew for making the day yet another constant laugh riot..

Foodies, top effort all round, even the salad ;)

Brewers, stunning, I think it was truly a team effort with probably only Wayne as the constant finger in the pie, bloody top effort to end up with what we did.

Swappers, cant wait to get into this lot, well done to the lads for finding a spot that didnt cover all the bottles in mud :lol:

Campers.. what a hard core bunch of nutters :beerbang:

Hosts, Mate, effort, big thanks to Tracey for putting up with us, hope we were 'reasonably well' behaved.

General :beer:

I'll get some of my shots up when I can get a moment

Gedinnit 'lredy.

5. Brewnut - Jaggery IPA
7. mofox1 - American Brown - Drink NOW
8. Tahoose-confirmed
21. Navarau Dark Porter

Gedinnit 'lredy.

5. Brewnut - Jaggery IPA
8. Tahoose-confirmed
9. Curly79. APA with home grown Victoria hops. 2nd ever BIAB. Fingers crossed. Bottled 28/6/2015
21. Navarau Dark Porter

5. Brewnut - Jaggery IPA
8. Tahoose- English Bitter, drink in August.
9. Curly79. APA with home grown Victoria hops. 2nd ever BIAB. Fingers crossed. Bottled 28/6/2015
21. Navarau Dark Porter

5. Brewnut - Jaggery IPA
21. Navarau Dark Porter - Bottled 3/5/15 Drink Now. Thought it was a Dark Porter but I'm not sure now after chatting on the weekend.

5. Brewnut - Jaggery IPA
12. MartinOC - Sassenach Scotch Ale (approx. 5% ABV. Bottled 30/6/15). Give it a couple of months to carb-up & mellow-out.
21. Navarau Dark Porter - Bottled 3/5/15 Drink Now. Thought it was a Dark Porter but I'm not sure now after chatting on the weekend.

DSC_1174.JPG

having some issues with my PC so will post pics and vid in dribs and drabs
DSC_1168.JPG

'Finished the clean-up today. Lost & Found/Missing in Action:

Idzy: I've got your SS dip-stick for the main boiler.

Droid: I've got your marquee packed-away in it's box. I've also got your cube, but it's full of a last-runnings brew that I did yesterday, so I'm afraid you'll have to take it back full.... :).

Anyone?:

1. White plastic bucket with a 25mm hole drilled in the side (bottom).
2. Blue cooler-bag that looks like it's seen better days.
3. Somewhat elegant glass:
DSCN1274.JPG

Edit: The fire FINALLY went out this morning (it was raining again overnight...).

Ok so the bucket is mine and was used for a bin on the day
The blue insulated bag may have housed the coffee machine so could be mine AJ80 brought the machine back to the city for me
The glass is mine, I couldn't find it - which is not unusual
Thanks for the marquee packing up albeit with a little more roof ventilation...

And a cube? Yay! But when do I get this stuff that is the question...

You didn't find a sink? I'm sure I packed the kitchen sink

Droid, I'll PM you.

Tecno, white bottle, blue trigger, stuffed lid thread? I thought that was one of mine until you just mentioned this & I looked closer. It's not mine.....

Don't have any pics of the day (phone barely came out of my pocket), just wanted to say a big thanks to Martin and Tracey for hosting.

There was fire and rain, meat, salad, brewing, many shared home brews and even a smoke grenade.

If you havnt been to a Vic case swap, you NEED to.

Back