2014 Vic Xmas in July case swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can we "caterers" have a discussion to coordinate?? I agree that as Yob is hosting his job is done

Sounds good. I'm in for helping coordinate food. Shall we start a list? Then we can start a group PM and arrange that way.

Peoplewho'llbeshotifthefoodsucks:
1. New_guy
2. Mardoo

Any of the spits on offer wood fired? I can definitely provide oak wine barrel staves, but it'd be awesome to scare up some apple wood.

speaking of fire, Ive still got a little stack of fire wood from the last one :lol: I will bust out the little chainsaw and get some more for the day as well... cant have a swap day without a fire ;)

Mardoo said:
Sorry Manticle, you're way too skinny to be good eatin'.
Quality rather than quantity.

1. New_guy
2. Mardoo
3. Martin OC
4. manticle

I've been known to make some pretty reasonable Afghan style chicken & goat swords if there is going to be some room to cook over coals at some point, they only take about 15 minutes. Delicious in a bit of pita

1. New_guy
2. Mardoo
3. Martin OC
4. manticle
5. ro55c0

​Edit: they are pretty spicy, might not be to everyone's taste, will bring yogurt for the uninitiated ;)

Gents,

There's been a bit of backroom discussion about food & one of the things that's cropped-up is available space to both brew & cook.

Melbourne in July is likely to be wet, so I thought some sort of separate Gazebo/Marquee to set-up the kitchen in would be needed.

Anyone got such a thing that could be provided/loaned for the day??

Got one, no problems for space I don't think, if someone were to bring another it probably wouldn't hurt

MartinOC said:
Gents,

There's been a bit of backroom discussion about food & one of the things that's cropped-up is available space to both brew & cook.

Melbourne in July is likely to be wet, so I thought some sort of separate Gazebo/Marquee to set-up the kitchen in would be needed.

Anyone got such a thing that could be provided/loaned for the day??
Bloody good point Martin

Anyone got something we can use? If so can you bring it early for set up?

I will put this in the food crew PM

Yep, I've got a 3x3m gazebo I can bring if it's needed

Yep 19 July locked in.

start for the mashers and anyone else interested in being a part of the process I'd hope for as early as we can.. If at all possible and we can get the equipment on site prior to the event, ideally we'd mill the night before and I'd get things heating for say a 10am mash in, for that we'd need idzy's monster system and a 200l HLT in addition to my system. + mills and a couple of pumps etc.

It's going to take a bit of time to set the systems up, hence why I feel it'd be a good idea to sort it all out prior to the day, Ive done this before and my attention will be needed in many places and to have the mechanics sorted prior will make for a (hopefully) smoother run and we can all concentrate on the important part of the day :beerdrink:

New_guy said:
Yob said 19th July - 1st post
1st post was ages ago and many beers since... I did win the Xmas lotto and have case swap beers and bulk buy beers...so its been a harsh life lately...don't even have time to drink my own beer..and it is piling up !!!

Back