2014 Vic Xmas in July case swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's even the option of scoring the bungalow for anyone keen enough to come the night before and assist milling and setting up ;)

Yob said:
There's even the option of scoring the bungalow for anyone keen enough to come the night before and assist milling and setting up ;)
I might be up for that Yob. If we need my pot as a HLT might be good to get it filled and warming with an OTS heater the night before.

Cam has a monster burner, plan is to add 50l and get it boiling and then add water as she go's, should fill and be at temp pretty quick but it's still a lot for one set of hands, I'd appreciate the assist ;)

Yob, I'm just over in the gully & happy to rock over late Fri afternoon & help out however I can.

Plan to be there at sparrows fart to get food sorted

Yob, I plan to come over the weekend prior and get the system set up. I will be staying Friday and Saturday nights too. If room in the bungalow great, otherwise I can tent or swag it by the fire. Can talk through finer details later.

Draft designs for the false bottom is on the engineers desk and is looking to be a goer, exciting times.

Yeah, going to get a full 2mm sheet cnc'd to fit, apparently performance is better 100% vs 93%. Your thoughts?

hey yob

I certainly will make myself available for the hard grind ... of grain Friday night

and also reckon I will bring the webber and punch out some pizzas on the Saturday
if space is available .....

might be looking to pitch a tent ... how many sites are left :ph34r: if any

mick

Yeeeep. I'm available for the Friday set-up session. I'll even bring my hand-mill installed in a bedside table. ;)

Looks like you've volunteered to host both nights Yob. I hope these people bring beer and playstation games so you can relax while they set up in your backyard.

I'll be there on Sunday by the way to help drink the remaining beer and will return on Tuesday to water the plants. I'll bring my mother in law.

micbrew said:
hey yob

I certainly will make myself available for the hard grind ... of grain Friday night

and also reckon I will bring the webber and punch out some pizzas on the Saturday
if space is available .....

might be looking to pitch a tent ... how many sites are left :ph34r: if any

mick
Plenty of space in the backyard for 4 or 5 tents plus swags, easy..

I think the plants will be well watered ;)

idzy said:
Yeah, going to get a full 2mm sheet cnc'd to fit, apparently performance is better 100% vs 93%. Your thoughts?
Probably easier to fit and clean, dunno mate always used a manifold so have no line of comparison.

How do we go for 'bottle etiquette'? I'm brewing a lager and will hopefully have most of the lagering process finished in the bottles (after bottle carbonation) and therefore they will be best kept cold (I'm happy to bring the slab in an esky with ice).

Are people generally happy with glass bottles for the swap? Obviously all due care/checks on gravities that beer is finished and a properly measured fermentable for bottle carbing is done with educated action?

DJ_L3ThAL said:
How do we go for 'bottle etiquette'? I'm brewing a lager and will hopefully have most of the lagering process finished in the bottles (after bottle carbonation) and therefore they will be best kept cold (I'm happy to bring the slab in an esky with ice).

Are people generally happy with glass bottles for the swap? Obviously all due care/checks on gravities that beer is finished and a properly measured fermentable for bottle carbing is done with educated action?
glass (IMO) is always best as they can be re used on the next swap, but you will find a fair number that use PET and are certainly safer, Ive had a number of swap beers go boom, luckily nobody about and it was in the cellar, I now try to keep a towel the swap crates...

Oh Yeah, dont forget to label your crate / box / container.. things get a little crazy at swap time :lol:

Back