2014 Vic Xmas in July case swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There may be a few choice tracks thrown about, but I promise it won't be too obnoxious... To start with..

Just starting to get lemons again after the last hacking I gave it ;)

Plenty of room for tents :)

The one thing we won't have, unless I can get my shit together, is a spit this time, the butcher down the road shut down :(

I know pulled-pork taco's are on offer, but how's about a bloody-great pot of curry, or slow-cooked Moroccan lamb shanks as well? Excellent Melbourne winter-fare!

I can bring my spit roaster if you want? Just not volunteering to cook it after the embarrassing, charred pork I served up a couple of swaps ago

breakbeer said:
I can bring my spit roaster if you want? Just not volunteering to cook it after the embarrassing, charred pork I served up a couple of swaps ago
Did you learn from the experience? Give it another go, mate. I'd be up for it!

Brewing & FOOOOOD!!!!! :)

Edit: Where's Mardoo in all this food discussion????

I usually make an awesome Pork Spit, but was trying to do too many things at once while hosting the swap. Left it unattended, came back to find a very large (& expensive) piece of meat completely engulfed in flames

I definitely wont make that mistake again

I will make a shite load of tacos but happy to help with all food related nonsense - cooked the odd spit in my day
What would everyone prefer?
Mexican type tacos
Good ole roast
Pizzas ???

Swap needs a spit yob - just get a couple of people to put their hands up to organise getting the meat and cooking the meat (and serving it although you and wolfman did the best job of that I've seen)

breakbeer said:
I usually make an awesome Pork Spit, but was trying to do too many things at once while hosting the swap. Left it unattended, came back to find a very large (& expensive) piece of meat completely engulfed in flames

I definitely wont make that mistake again
You hadn't been drinking had you?

I have a spit I can bring as well if needed. Looking forward to this. Judging by the pre event chatter it's going to be quite a day/night!

OK fella's, settle down. Let's get some commitment here:

Those in charge of food for the day, put your hand-up & what you're in charge of & how much you reckon it's gonna cost, so we can divvie-up for everyone. I don't think that Yob should have to put his hand in his pocket for anything for hosting the day - fair call??

MartinOC - Moroccan Lamb shanks, served with Cous cous - $15.

Grainer said:
I say spit!
I don't find phlegm particularly palatable, personally, but if you want to serve that with some roast vegetables, I'm sure I could...erm....force it down (& just push the green goo to the side of my plate....).

manticle said:
Per head or total?
Nah! Total (I'd take a loss on the whole dish, but WGAFF anyway?).

There's going to be other stuff, so it's all a big mosh-pit of food & beer :D

Edit: Forget it. I'll do it anyway. No $'s

There is often a cost shared among attendees for food martin.
Just a dig in the ribs. My ribs are 3.50 per head by the way.

Back