2014 Vic Xmas in July case swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yob

Hop to it
Reaction score
Let's get the ball rolling here, I'll put a tentative hand in the air for the 19 July, might even pull my finger out and bottle something for it.

1: Yob

1. Yob
2. Mardoo
3. Idzy

EDIT: Yob are you putting hand up to host?

I would like to come and see what it's all about. Don't have the courage or the skill to bottle anything yet.

Is that still allowed?

Booyah!! I'm in :super:

Swap Attendees

1. Yob
2. Mardoo
3. Idzy
4. Technobabble66

Non-Swap Attendees

Cubes/Brewers
1. Technobabble - 20L

What recipe/style are we keen on for brewing - are we going for 500+ IBUs this time (almost seems appropriate if we're brewing at Yob's) or something slightly more sane?
ESB, something malty?
A bit of both worlds - American Brown!

If we're bringing kids I have a tribe that I can let loose to destroy the host's property and not supervise while I drink to excess. Surely that's ok?

I'm in - if its held at Yobs it's 5 minutes from home I reckon I wont have any excuse not to turn up this time.

Swap Attendees

1. Yob
2. Mardoo
3. Idzy
4. Technobabble66
5. GrumpyPaul

Non-Swap Attendees

Cubes/Brewers
1. Technobabble - 20L

Depending upon timing..we could do my place if Yobs falls through

Swap Attendees

1. Yob
2. Mardoo
3. Idzy
4. Technobabble66
5. GrumpyPaul
6. Grainer - Probably a stout

Non-Swap Attendees

Cubes/Brewers
1. Technobabble - 20L
2. Grainer 20L

Nullnvoid said:
I would like to come and see what it's all about. Don't have the courage or the skill to bottle anything yet.

Is that still allowed?
Sure .. put urself as a non-swapper...just bring some brews alone to drink and maybe something for the host.

Nullnvoid said:
Is that still allowed?
Non swappers are normal, I didn't swap at the last one and my first 2 were kit brews, well received actually, put your name in as a non swapper and change your mind at any point, it's a Damn fine way to get feedback on your brews and great exposure to beers you ordinarily would not brew/drink..

I'd be up for a malty brew.. Plenty of time to choose what's brewed on the day

Dark malty .... yummy

I vote for a Gulden Draak clone for the Swap brew ...

Grainer said:
Dark malty .... yummy

10.5% !!! wow
It looks amazing (plum & cherry flavours!) - i could be tempted to vote for it though to be honest i'd prefer something a fair bit lower in abv%.
I dunno ... it does sound rather good, doesn't it!

Yob said:
Tentative, yet to seek and gain approval as yet, good to get it started though.
Sounds awesome! Well if a plan B is needed and no one puts their hand up, happy to do last minute host again! :)

Nullnvoid said:

Is that still allowed?
Absoutely, some would argue it is one of the reasons for an event such as this, catch up with folks and learn from each other. Last one was my first and they well and truly... initiated me...

Grainer said:
Dark malty .... yummy

Looks like one for the short-list.

Brew a batch and bottle it, bring to the swap day and you get one of everybody else's to take home, so you bring what you want to swap,what you want to drink, what you want feedback on, etc, it's generally a pretty big day with a barbie or two (or a spit) with much discussion about beer and brewing, with x amount brewed on the day as well, last swap we brewed 250(ish) litres of an insane IPA

I'm so in!

Swap Attendees

1. Yob
2. Mardoo
3. Idzy
4. Technobabble66
5. GrumpyPaul
7. Brouhaha

Non-Swap Attendees

Cubes/Brewers
1. Technobabble - 20L
2. Grainer 20L

Swap Attendees[/font][/color]

1. Yob
2. Mardoo

3. Idzy

4. Technobabble66

5. GrumpyPaul

7. Brouhaha [/font][/color]

Non-Swap Attendees

1. Nullnvoid

Cubes/Brewers

1. Technobabble - 20L

2. Grainer 20L

Well I'm in then. I'll start off as a non swap. I have to try some from my first batch first :)

Swap Attendees

1. Yob
2. Mardoo
3. Idzy
4. Technobabble66
5. GrumpyPaul
7. Brouhaha

Non-Swap Attendees
1. Nullnvoid

Cubes/Brewers
1. Technobabble - 20L