2014 Vic Xmas in July case swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bottle-bomb warning (Updated cross-post from the tasting thread)

Remnants of bottle reading "Rye IPA... brewer: r055c0 ...bottled 13/04/13". Yob says it was number 19 until a late change in the line-up.

I was out of the house, but my wife tells me our cat jumped on the blanket covering the crate and the bottle exploded. Thankfully she endured no injuries.

Others have reported very high carbonation too. (Read from here on. Sorry for the cross-post, but safety first!)

Proceed with care.

1406802220268.jpg

I have two bottles of the stuff. I'll have to get rid of them quickly. And separate them from the rest of the stash.

mofox1 said:
Come around and I'll help you get rid of it. :D
Sure, why not! How about now? Do you have power and heating? It's sadly lacking at our house at the moment after all these storms!

Nullnvoid said:
Sure, why not! How about now? Do you have power and heating? It's sadly lacking at our house at the moment after all these storms!
Lol. Hope you got your power back. If you were here you'd be checking AHB in between putting children back to bed and back to bed....

Does anyone know of the book that is called "Go the **** to sleep". Got kids? Then you know it.

mofox1 said:
Lol. Hope you got your power back. If you were here you'd be checking AHB in between putting children back to bed and back to bed....

Does anyone know of the book that is called "Go the **** to sleep". Got kids? Then you know it.
Came back on around 2:30 this morning thankfully. It's awfully painful trying to get ready for school and work without power.

Haha that is a great book! especially the audio book read by Samuel L Jackson or Noni Hazlehurst.

Sorry to hear about the rye IPA's, my test bottle was a bit fizzy but nothing to indicate bottle bombs. My beer is kept in the garage which stays pretty cold so I guess they must have warmed up and started fermenting again. My apologies tro all, I hope my bombs dont take out any innocent bottles sitting next to them :(

GrumpyPaul said:
On the subject of mystery bottles....who had tops like this?

attachicon.gif
20140727_123130_resized.jpg
Yes that is mine.. They are undercarbed deliberately !! so it will not pop on you LOL

They are to perfectly to style, however they do not have the mouthfeel that they should have.. they should be a bit thicker to be a porter...That was the competition feedback anyway.

Latest posts

Back